SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not like it's a new situation. There hasn't been an IE for Mac since 2003 and it didn't share a rendering engine with IE for Windows. So development testing for Mac users against IE9 is the same as it was against IE8, IE7, IE6... either use a separate PC, run Windows in a VM, or use a snapshot/VNC service like Browsercam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    It's not like it's a new situation. There hasn't been an IE for Mac since 2003 and it didn't share a rendering engine with IE for Windows. So development testing for Mac users against IE9 is the same as it was against IE8, IE7, IE6...
    My bad. I thought there were more recent Mac builds of IE since every Mac I've used (2004-2008) had IE installed (if you can tell I don't own a Mac myself). I guess it must have been a relic more than anything else.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    There hasn't been an IE for Mac since 2003 and it didn't share a rendering engine with IE for Windows.
    While that is true it's worth pointing out Dan that Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac (and Office 2004 - it's predecessor) USES the Tasman rendering engine (yes the EXACT same rendering engine that IE for Mac used!) in it's Entourage and all other Mac Office version products - Therefore there's a very real possibility that the numbers of Tasman users (even if it's just in email) is high enough to warrant recognition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
    Interesting that they're adding support for proper application/xhtml+xml, didn't see that coming.
    I am perplexed that it hasn't been in since IE7, especially given that their ASP.NET platform basically requires it because its aspx pages are XML documents containing a hybrid of HTML elements and server controls.

Cheers,
    D.