User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazybanana View Post
    so everyone who gets drunk is addicted now.. that's quite some statement i hope this is not your real opinion
    Haha - yes
    Saul

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy View Post
    I'll pooch out the picture tke I know what ur saying about the orb stuff, but of all the places the orbs were it was around that cat, which happened to be running up and down the stairs like a lunatic, i.e the stairs where that little girl fell to her death...really bizarre
    How about an alternative "un-ghostly" explanation, like http://www.schoolforchampions.com/sc..._materials.htm (see cat fur)

In other words, the static charge that cat fur had attracted dust particles.

Or even scrap that (because I'm a lousy physicist and dunno if that's actually the case). But a running cat raises dust, does it not?
    Saul

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by php_daemon View Post
    But a running cat raises dust, does it not?
    A rolling stone attracts no moss

Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they like it. They get an emotional "charge" out of it. It's like alcohol - fun when used in moderation, but poisons the mind if used in excess. Why do people get drunk? They're addicted.

You can argue with them all day long, reason will not change a belief. Any arguments and appeal to logic is pointless.
    Maybe but I'm compulsively persistent about that sort of thing, I'll basically argue with you until you agree with me or you change my mind. Anything less is a failure to resolve the issue and I hate that. My IRL friends should be glad that I mostly get it out of my system online

@JJ - I wasnt willing to believe in it until I saw something for myself, like i said I was skeptical - but when I saw that girl in the picture it really freaked me out, she wasn't there when we were standing infront of the castle, we were looking at the windows etc, we wouldve noticed it big time, it was just very odd and a weird feeling within that place fullstop, its my experience I guess and thats all, whether others believe it or not is not something that interests me
    If you'd never heard of ghosts would you be so quick to reach the decision that that's what you saw? If you'd never heard of ghosts you'd probably just assume it was some little girl who you dind't notice when you took the picture but came to the window just as you were taking it. Instead, maybe because of where you were and the reason for your visit and the company you were in you were perhaps a little susceptible to the suggestion that the explanation is paranormal when it's much more likely to be be quite down to earth.

If you'd been on a tour of Old Trafford football ground and took a picture of the stands and noticed when you got home that there was a little girl in one of them who you hadn't noticed at the time, would you immediately assume it was a ghost? Really, the point isn't even what the actual explanation is, it's how easily you've accepted an explanation for which there's no supporting evidence just because you can't explain what you saw.
    It's 530 people, but do you really get it?
    ImgWebDesign - Web design in Buxton, High Peak, Derbyshire UK.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about an alternative "un-ghostly" explanation, like http://www.schoolforchampions.com/sc..._materials.htm (see cat fur)

In other words, the static charge that cat fur had attracted dust particles.

Or even scrap that (because I'm a lousy physicist and dunno if that's actually the case). But a running cat raises dust, does it not?
    The cat wasn't running just strolling along, its just odd I mean we were moving around also and took pictures of each other, surely if it was that dusty we'd have captured some of those "dust" particles within the snapshot of ourselves...but it just seemed to be around the cat or on the staircase, I think we'll revisit it again with a video camera and see if we can get something else

Quote Originally Posted by JJMcClure View Post

If you'd never heard of ghosts would you be so quick to reach the decision that that's what you saw? If you'd never heard of ghosts you'd probably just assume it was some little girl who you dind't notice when you took the picture but came to the window just as you were taking it. Instead, maybe because of where you were and the reason for your visit and the company you were in you were perhaps a little susceptible to the suggestion that the explanation is paranormal when it's much more likely to be be quite down to earth.

If you'd been on a tour of Old Trafford football ground and took a picture of the stands and noticed when you got home that there was a little girl in one of them who you hadn't noticed at the time, would you immediately assume it was a ghost? Really, the point isn't even what the actual explanation is, it's how easily you've accepted an explanation for which there's no supporting evidence just because you can't explain what you saw.
    Point taken JJ, but this girl is sort of see through in the picture, if it was just a girl running around or just happened to be at the window - grand i'd say it was just a child but on closer inspection its very transparent, just looks ghost like to me, I'll pooch it out and post it up and you can see what im referring to - it just looks out of place and to see the face looking at us without us knowing at the time is very unsettling to say the least

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe but I'm compulsively persistent about that sort of thing, I'll basically argue with you until you agree with me or you change my mind. Anything less is a failure to resolve the issue and I hate that. My IRL friends should be glad that I mostly get it out of my system online
    If those beliefs are emotion based (which is why they ignore reason), a strong emotional shock might do the trick. Or get them drunk.

The cat wasn't running just strolling along, its just odd I mean we were moving around also and took pictures of each other, surely if it was that dusty we'd have captured some of those "dust" particles within the snapshot of ourselves...but it just seemed to be around the cat or on the staircase, I think we'll revisit it again with a video camera and see if we can get something else
    They are dust particles. There's no difference why and where they appear on camera - they are still the same dust particles. Your irresistible urge to add ghosts to the equation is exactly what I mean by beliefs and emotions.
    Saul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to say thanks for those who've shared their stories and kudos to everyone for keeping the discussion on topic and not letting it degrade into a sledging match—it can be tempting to become overly feisty when debating stuff like this, but I appreciate everyone's restraint and manners! Personally, it's been a great read.
    I design beautiful, usable interfaces. Oh, and I wrote a kids' book.
    • Follow me on Twitter.
    • Read my blog.
    • Buy my book, Charlie Weatherburn and the Flying Machine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point taken JJ, but this girl is sort of see through in the picture,
    Can't wait to see this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by mattymcg View Post
    Just want to say thanks for those who've shared their stories and kudos to everyone for keeping the discussion on topic and not letting it degrade into a sledging match—it can be tempting to become overly feisty when debating stuff like this, but I appreciate everyone's restraint and manners! Personally, it's been a great read.
    Yeah it almost got like that, I skirted the line but we held it together! I love discussions like this.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I skirted the line
    I always suspected you wore skirts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tke71709 View Post
    I always suspected you wore skirts...
    I think that says more about you than me

Wishful thinking probably.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy conradical's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this is sooo spooky Matty - I was thinkin about posting a topic like this ages ago before I went on hols a week or so ago!

My bf and I are similiar to how you described yourself and your partner in the sense that we both have the same interests and hobbies; one of these are ghost hunting! We have visited many places around Ireland and have yet to venture further than that We definitely believe in the paranormal and have pictures to prove it!

Orbs and ghostly images are some of the evidence we have collected over time! We're going to get into some video ghost hunting in the summer, which should prove fun I've always been a skeptic but a recent visit a year or so ago to a Castle in Ireland that was featured on the programme Most Haunted (uk version) changed my mind big style! We got a tour of the castle with these 3 other "druids" who happened to want a tour also, so there was only 5 of us! Anyways, we were all going around taking pictures etc and there was this black cat that kept following us around, I cant stand cats the best of times and yet they always come over to me, ugh! Anyway, when we got back outside we took more pictures of the castle and the grounds etc, when we got back and put the pics on the computer we were astounded at what we found, we saw lots of orbs - like balls of light in places where there was no light coming in and alot around that freaky cat! But the icing on the cake was an image of a little girl standing at one of the windows looking out at us, very very weird considering a little girl fell to her death down one of the staircases in the castle! Ever since then I've had an open mind to this sort of thing and definitely believe in ghosts! I dont really care if anyone believes our pictures or our account of what happened but I sure as hell do and it freaks me out no end! I'm one of those ppl who needs to see it to believe it, so this was proof positive for me as they say on tv definitely a believer!
    Just sayin' - seeing a ghost in a tourist spot for ghost sightings is just good customer service. Money is being made. Real money, not just ones that show up in pictures. . It's just a lot of motivation to rig locations. Illusions.

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by conradical View Post
    Just sayin' - seeing a ghost in a tourist spot for ghost sightings is just good customer service. Money is being made. Real money, not just ones that show up in pictures. . It's just a lot of motivation to rig locations. Illusions.
    Ha, you forgot to mention projectors Conrad Disney World does a great job with holograms…
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand that conrad and like I said before I am pretty skeptical, I cant explain what I saw but to me it is something ghost like and we captured something really weird, I'll upload the picture as soon as I find it ok and u can see for urself I guess - The Castle wasn't open at the time to the public and we just happened to ask could we have a look inside and we didnt pay anything either

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Crazybanana's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy
    I cant explain what I saw but to me it is something ghost like
    this was after a long night at the local pub?

go find the picture. can't wait to see it
    Who's to doom when the judge himself is dragged before the bar

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazybanana View Post
    this was after a long night at the local pub?

go find the picture. can't wait to see it
    what? hallucinating whilst sipping milky tea? Oh surre!

I have the cd here on my desk, there's a scratch on it and im trying to get it open, being trying all evening off and on! All my pictures are on there too! I've not forgotten about posting it up, just bear with me guys, sorry I'll get it working!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know exactly but it is onlu thing that makes me scary.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't believe in ghosts, but i saw a hunted house near our native county where we heard some unnatural sounds like screaming, whooping,

SitePoint Enthusiast revisitors's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no! its only your imagination, its only in your mind... if you believe in God, there is no Ghost
    Start getting into shape today: weight management diets
    What to eat and not to eat: weight loss products
    healthy Diets: weight management programs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm open minded about it, lott of the photo, video and so on I've seen can be easily faked or very easily explained people in general don't give enough credit to just how freaky mother nature can be.

But their have been cases that I can't explain doesn't mean it's super natural, I just can't explain it and I have to give the "I don't know" as an answer.

People always want answers and they want the answer to be nice and simple too. Like "I don't know what that is so it must be ghost".

Me, well I like my things messy and complex so I'm happy to say "I don't know" and leave it like that.

I have seen some investigation into naturally occuring magnetic fields that was very interesting. The magnetic fields are only in particular areas where just the right rock and soil type are (mostly where very old volcanic activity). They are very strong but the theory is that it some how records (like the video tape) other fields that pass by, the human bodies own magnetic field could be those fields.
    Given the right circumstances humidity, pressure systems, temperature, maybe even the diet the person eats could effect.
    Catherine

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Crazybanana's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy
    I've not forgotten about posting it
    I think you have...

we want the ghost, We Want The Ghost , We Want The Ghost
    Who's to doom when the judge himself is dragged before the bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I design beautiful, usable interfaces. Oh, and I wrote a kids' book.
    • Follow me on Twitter.
    • Read my blog.
    • Buy my book, Charlie Weatherburn and the Flying Machine.

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, where are the pictures?
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged