SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Parse PHP in .xml file

    I added the following to my .htaccess file:

    PHP Code:
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .xml 
    This worked on my old server, but now it does not work. Is there a setting in Apache I need to change?

  2. #2
    SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried full <?php open tags?

  3. #3
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crmalibu View Post
    Have you tried full <?php open tags?
    Yes. No luck.

  4. #4
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Macomb, MI USA
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may not work on the current web server due to how PHP is configured, likely in CGI mode now where before it was likely an Apache Module.

    Depending on the hosting provider, sometimes this can be changed from with the control panel (Plesk does this).

    phpinfo() will let you know how PHP is built. In the first box of data, "Server API".

    -Bing
    inClick Ad Server - Start Your Own Performance Based Ad Network
    Key Features | Download inClick Now | Free Ad Server Hosting Offer

  5. #5
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,852
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try to add
    RemoveHandler .xml
    before
    and restart apache

    also check if your .htaccess ever work
    write qwertyuop there ad watch result. if 500 - all right it works

  6. #6
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inclick View Post
    It may not work on the current web server due to how PHP is configured, likely in CGI mode now where before it was likely an Apache Module.

    Depending on the hosting provider, sometimes this can be changed from with the control panel (Plesk does this).

    phpinfo() will let you know how PHP is built. In the first box of data, "Server API".

    -Bing
    That was it. I rebuilt in dso mode and it worked. Thanks!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •