User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Strange problem with word repeated on very short lines

Hi all,
    I have provided a screenshot of this problem which shows it better than words can describe it.

If you want to see the actual page, go to

http://www.musicbycarma.com enter and click on 'news' then 'Sunday Sun Article'. (I've changed it so the text is underneath now.)

I cannot replicate the problem with any of the browsers I use for testing. The screenshot was sent to me by my client who uses IE5.

The words are supposed to wrap around the image simply by using left align on the img tag. What is happening is that the last word of the line is repeated on the next if it doesn't quite fit.

The words are definately not repeated in the code!? To complicate things, the text sits inside a DHTML scrolling layer which might account for it somehow. It is also pulled from a mysql database using PHP, but that shouldn't matter. Nor should the fact that its in a chromeless window.

Has anyone seen this before??? The only mention of something similar I have found on the web is a problem with Netscape and when using 'justify' on text.

http://www.netmechanic.com/news/vol5/html_no10.htm
    Last edited by jonnyporter; Jul 2, 2002 at 18:24.

Former Staff Member silver trophy Adam P.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no problem for me in IE6, XP. The image at the top of the news article is centered and the text begins under the picture.
    SPF Mentor/Advisor 2001-2003
    SPF Designer of the Year 2002
    SPF Graphic Designer of the Year 2003
    AdamPolselli.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I just did that as a workaround

Hello,
    I have now moved the text underneath by putting it in a different paragraph.

Nobody else has reponded to this post - I never did figure out the problem. I guess its just a browser bug.

Thanks for replying.