SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the text rollover few of my sites but I was wondering is there one that will work for IE and NS?? or is the one I'm using works for both?

I'm currently using this one..

<style fprolloverstyle>A:hover {color: blue; font-weight: bold}
    </style>

anything better than this???? Is there a better way I can lay it out to make it look better?? thanx for you help and suggestions all are welcomed!!

------------------
    ~Alex~

RAGE
    SitePoint Community Guest
    I guess you already know that the method you've posted will only work in IE ...

from what I've heard netscape doesnt consider text as an object so you cant change the color of text

though there is a work around which I've never implemented.. u could use layers.. DHTML layers.. on one layer you have one color, on hover, it chagnes layer..

but the bad problem with that is that layers only work ing 4+ browser.. IE3 and NS3 wont work anymore ...

with the above method you only have IE support....

I personally just leave it like that.. my personal opinion , I find netscape inferior , even tho I'm forced to use it in linux .. :]

peace..

------------------

http://www.realmz.net
    Your #1 source of Webmaster Resources

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm ok.. Yeah I know it works in IE but for the 25% of NS user that visit your page I want them to get the same effect......

anyways.. thanx.....

------------------
    ~Alex~

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your best bet is to go with a:hover. as its the accepted CSS standard. Netscape Gecko should support it if/when it is ever released. If Gecko never gets released then you won't have to worry about Netscape Users anymore anyways becuase they'll all convert to something else. If you absolutely positively have to have it change colors in both browsers now you will have to put each and every link in its own <span></span> then change the color on mouseover and mouseout for those layers. But make sure that they are absolutely positioned so that netscape sees them as Layers otherwise it won't work in Netscape. Also you need to make sure that if the user resizes their browser window while using Netscape that you reload the entire webpage or you will lose all formatting cause by CSS.

------------------
    Wayne Luke

The Majormud Encyclopedia - www.bloodquest2.com
    Come Play one of the hottest games on the net.

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check out www.javascripts.com and look under the text category. There is a javascript there which should do what you want(I have it to incorporate into my site redesign, but I haven't gotten it in to make sure it works).

Dave Maxwell www.keystonecapitalchorus.org