User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please help with CSS-P

Hi ,

I'm learning css 2 ,and building my personal site .

As you see in the picture below I need the main content (text text) is resizeable depend on dynamic content (blogger). Beside , the left nav has some fix menu , newest links and it would not as long as the main content but the <DIV> but it has its height inherite to the height of the main div .

There's another footer at the end of the page and below that two divs .

it would hard to explain , i hope you could understand me by viewing the picture , please help me to write some css to do this thing.

Many thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by apache; Jul 3, 2002 at 13:52.

Robert Wellock silver trophybronze trophy xhtmlcoder's Avatar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically I assume you are after a fixed header area, a left column box for navigation of fixed size and a right box for content, which its height would depend upon textual data and some form of footer and the rest about the other div's I don't quite follow.

I'd help you if I could but there's a lot or quirkiness between the browsers boxes and CSS and I'm busy having to alter some stylesheets to accommodate the Opera 6.04 browser which is being fussy over float: without clear: and color: orange, and I have decided to go against using CSS hacks.

You might like to take a look at http://www.webnouveau.net/ that should help you get going in the correct direction, for CSS sample resources.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to say that my purpose is to make the layout like the one one the left , I just can make the simple right one with just 3 absolute : divs .

The fact that I just can't figure out how to make the left nav to inherite its height to the height of the main content .

I just traveled some sites at that site but I just saw people make their pages like the right one in my picture .

I appreciate for any example css code , just for IE > 5

Thanks

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have just done a layout basically like what you are after for my site......it is under construction still, but if you want to see it just drop me a pm.... and I would be happy to give you the css.......

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks mvd , i've sent you pm