User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Increasing Conversion Ratio

Dear all

After the help received on these forums, traffic on 123DomainName.co.uk has gone up massively! Thanks!!!

We had over 4000 uniques in June (each with approximately 4 page views), however the conversion rate is only around 2/3% from this site. What techniques can I employ to increase this or what are we saying on the site that's putting people off.

I don't really want to reduce prices as customers are getting a lot of human support, but perhaps I might need to state the support, free email accounts etc more.

Any suggestions to get my conversion rate up would be most appreciated. I'll feedback any increases based on the advice given so we can all benefit!
    www.123domainname.co.uk
    Click here to chat with one of our customer service representatives
    UK domain name registrations with free email accounts and domain forwarding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting same thing as when you originally asked for feedback, apparently you forgot my input.

-Try to get your nav system on one level. It's a bit counter intuitive and not so good for quick scrolling with your eyes.
    -Add a form to check for name availibility on your front page.

Also, when I'm looking through a bulleted list of why you're so good; I don't want to see things such as "to see hosting options provided by this guy who sponsored us click here".

P.S. your page seemsto miss soem stuff design wise a bit. As for colors tehy're fine but if you have psd files try the exact same images with a green or blue colors (see recent sitepoint article, foster the feel good factor). Plus the main body of the page jsut lacks sort of a centralized layout; feels a bit messy. Perhaps work on that.
    Last edited by Codename49; Jul 2, 2002 at 08:13.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't mean to ignore your last post!

I'm sorry but I didn't see your post last time around. I wasn't being rude!

Also, we are not sponsored by anyone. We OWN the hosting company. It has another name simply to identify it as 'hosting' and make it easier for people.

I was concerned about putting the domain checker on the home page as it's then going to have less content for the search engines to rank us on. Do you think it's worth risking our good positioning?
    www.123domainname.co.uk

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More suggestions please

Has anyone else got any suggestions at all?
    www.123domainname.co.uk

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2-3% conversion is pretty good considering you are charging us$30 for a one year domain registration, or two to three times as much as what you can get them for elsewhere.
    Internet Business - Blog about starting an Internet Business.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So there's nothing to be done?

No other suggestions then? Just be rock bottom price even if that means to the cost of customer care? After all staff have to be paid, there are the phone lines, software licences, hardware etc
    www.123domainname.co.uk

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The prices are not out of line for the uk. I could of ordered my domains far cheaper from an email only american company but I ordered them at 3 times the cost from a local uk company I can speak to.

I like the phone number on the top. One thing is I would be tempted to give users an indication of prices on the index page. Its what people really wanna know. So let them see it straight away

http://www.domainbuster.com/ does it well. How about a right hand strip with something like this? It could be thinner and less blatant but it could very well up your conversion rate. Perhaps use this for special deals and bundles also.

Also REALLY stress your contact and customer service support. Its the most important thing. I hate dealing with companies that seem to be we based. You have online contact tool and telephone number which is cool but perhaps some text on the front page with a ring for any questions typa thing.

Hope that helps some.
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I've changed

Thanks very much for that feedback which was really constructive and helpful.

I have added a paragraph saying that we welcome phone calls and online chats and a bit about our company ethos.

Further down the page I've also done an example of cost and what you get for your money - can you take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance.
    www.123domainname.co.uk