SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't seem to delete path in Illustor using the delete path tool or the Scissors tool as I did in PhotoShop WHY????

The steps (to reproduce the effect)
    ---------

Use the pen tool to draw a closed triangle path then use the Delete Anchor Point Tool (-) to click on the anchor point of the path and the error comes out.

It's the same if i use the scissor tool to cut the path (bettween two anchor point),

ERROR
    -----
    Can't delete the anchor point. Please use the delete anchor point tool on a anchor point of a path.

Please help me.. I am learning Illustrator that's way I dunno much about it.

------------------

----------------------
    LX Design Inc - Affortable Webdesign Service with an Edge!
    http://www.lxDesign.cjb.net

Michael Jackson Art Club - Everything A Fan Could Possibly Want!
    http://www.mjartclub.cjb.net

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, make sure you click the pen-minus with in the blue box(dot).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your using Adobe Ill v. 7.0 then try this, I don't know if it will work with 8.0 but it probably would:

From your File Menu, got to Preferences - General and make sure that under the Options, Snap to Point is checked off.

Also try zooming in and making sure your are clicking on the actual point, if you click on the filled area of the triangle you won't be able to delete the point.

Also you can select the object first so it's easier to see exactly where the point is.

And be sure you aren't pressing either Ctrl or Alt or Space bar, as this will switch the tool into another tool.

I hope this helps.