Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Float problems

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamr4j View Post
    I was wondering, is there anything for IE that I can adjust the css, like firebug for FF? I know about firebuglite but, that just shows me the css, not lets me change it. Thanks again.
    I believe there are some developer tools for IE but I tend to have 3 or 4 browsers open at the same time and just test in each as I go. I use Firebug for looking at code but when testing I work on the real code and load it into each browser.

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me I just do basically the same as Paul, I look at hte code for FF and then if I spot something that could be an issue I go test it and that's generally good enough for me .

I tend to not even bother with IE develoepr toolbars (or chrome developer) because there isn't a real need for it. IE developer toolbar is quite horrible IMHO
    Always looking for web design/development work.
    http://www.CodeFundamentals.com

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I use Firebug and IE developer toolbar almost exclusively for figuring out other people's pages... and mostly it's just the outline of Inspect Element. This has actually helped me figure out what IE has done with a disappearing element (I have found dropped and hidden floats in IE on others' pages using that). IE dev toolbar also tells you if IE considers the element to have Layout.

If it's my own code, it's faster to add background colours.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the advise, all great. I know where I am going anytime I have an issue, I cant solve myself within an hour, SITEPOINT rules.

Thank you all again.