SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original contents give your keywords good position in SERP....so need original and updated every time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't take the chance, it's not worth the penalties if G finds you having duplicate content.
    UNLIMITED Domains - UNLIMITED Disk Space - UNLIMITED Bandwidth
    *Black Friday - Website Hosting Deal of The Year - 50% OFF!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It rewrites all posts. Once activated, all posts are being rewritten on the fly. It doesn't modify the data from the database, so your blogs are also safe. When you want to disable rewriting, you just disable the plug in, and they all come back to their original state.
    <snip />
    Last edited by SpacePhoenix; Sep 14, 2010 at 23:24. Reason: removed fake signature, please be patient, you need to wait 90 days to use a signature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originality, apart from citations, should strive for 100% at all times. That's not to say the plagiarism engines don't have that tolerance, but why risk having a reputation for someone who writes 50% original articles??!?! People notice these things even if the tools don't.
    Ed Womack
    Get Milked

SitePoint Enthusiast sparkie2260's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% seems to be the consensus. Glad to see that.

If there is some "legal" or "practical" (based on policy, checking algoriths, etc.) minimum, I've really never heard of it. Integrity is the most important--and most commonly shared--character trait of the truly successful. Without Integrity, one's Vision is faulty, so one's goals are misguided, and even "success" in the venture fails to enrich life and increase peace.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure to use 100% of your own content. You can use a program that transcribes your voice into real words. I have used this to make my articles 100% unique and for me, it is easier to talk content than type it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nuala View Post
    Definitly 100%, I once used an article spinner, never again, it spun out a lot of gibberish, loads of grammatical errors. Stay away from them.
    I agree, it was never helpful to me either. Writing down an article from entirely your own idea is the best way to stay safe. Of course, the internet is a wide wide sea to fish for ideas but you have to come up with your own unique version of a certain article from the stuff you have researched about.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see no point in article rewriting when I can buy original content for as little as $3 per page from freelance writers.

Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antifreeze View Post
    I see no point in article rewriting when I can buy original content for as little as $3 per page from freelance writers.
    If you're quite happy to turn out badly-written meaningless drivel that's probably stolen anyway, go right ahead. Anyone who is writing quality articles can and should be charging much more than $3 per page. Ergo, if they're only charging such paltry amounts, there's probably a reason why they're charging such paltry amounts, and that's why no professional website will touch them with a bargepole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what about the content from rewriter software?

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ooum View Post
    what about it?

it's garbage

why would you want to post garbage on your site?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ooum View Post
    Software that automatically rewrites ('spins') text usually produces content that is awful to read, as well as usually breaking laws around copyright and plagiarism.

This forum is for Content writing - not Content re-writing, stealing, hashing and plagiarising. It's for people who want to improve the content of their websites, rather than those who want to make a quick buck by thieving other people's content.

SitePoint Guru bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This forum is for Content writing
    Oh I don't know. At some point you have to wonder.

Question: How many web devs, designers, and others of that ilk write content for clients, or have a working relationship with one or more writers (and I don't mean typists or human scraper/keyword stuffers)?

I think the answer points to the difficulty in keeping these threads from floating to the top of this forum. It's a web dev site; and naturally this sub forum will be chock ful of the attitute of web development towards writing.

Take the topic of rewriting. Totally legitimate topic for writers to discuss. Here, the very idea of anything but a machine doing the rewriting is incomprehensible.