So last friday I turn on my laptop (Sager 5760) to work on a client's proposal. After about 2 minutes after windows boots computer locks up. After a full day of troubleshooting I finally just reinstall Windows. Same thing.... it locks up... Son of a.....
I eventually determine it's my motherboard.
I'm pissed, 10 beers deep and am sick of constantly being delayed because my laptop is squirrely. So I drink a few more beers and on impulse, order all the parts I need for a new desktop (Almost ordered a Mac).
This is what I got:
- AMD Phenom II Quad Core Black Edition Processor (3.4)
- Biostar TA790GX A3+ Motherboard
- XFX Radeon HD 5770 Video Card
- Corsair XMS3 TW3X4G1333C9AG 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM - - PC10666, 1333MHz (Plan to upgrade to 8GB)
- WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA Harddrive
- Ultra LSP750 750w Power Supply
- Cooler Master CM690 ATX Mid-Tower Case
- Philips 244E1SB 24" Class Widescreen LCD HD Monitor (Plan to have a 3-monitor setup)
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
- 22x Sata DVD Burner
Total: $1534.07 CAD with Shipping and Taxes @ http://www.tigerdirect.ca
So I am pumped. I am just excited and wanted to demonstrate how cheaply you can build a complete retardly-fast system.