User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Choosing Keywords

Hi guys,

I designed a website in January/February but I’m not in any of the search engines. I have submitted them to quite a few but still cannot be found. I have been advised to update my keywords and have been recommended to a service called ‘Wordtracker’. I have tried the demo but I find it really complicated - has anyone else used it?

Anyway, my question is, does anyone have any suggestions on how to choose keywords? Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Dave.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choose the right keywords

I would suggest using a service like Wordtracker. I agree that it is complicated, but there are similar services available. When I designed my site, I used a company called ‘Allery Scotts’ (http://www.searchengineconsultants.co.uk). The software is identical to Wordtracker, but a lot clearer and easier to use. But I’m sure there are others too if you have a look? When I was looking around, I was given a free trial account (username was ‘freetrial’ and password ‘full’) at Allery Scotts, which I think they only use for prospective users? I would guess that the account is still open?

Anyway, I would suggest giving Allery Scotts’ software a try (http://www.searchengineconsultants.co.uk) or calling the Wordtracker support for help on how to use it.

I hope this helps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is fairly handy too as a starting point:

http://inventory.overture.com/d/sear...estid=17847160

only problem being the search queries it uses are only those appearing on Overture (not as representative as those on Wordtracker)
    the bottoms of my shoes are clean from walking in the rain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choosing keywords ain't what it used to be.

Keep this in mind when reading anything on the internet about search engine optimisation. Many search engines, including google, are not using meta tags anymore, and have changed the way they rank pages based on keyword density. They index your whole content and try to identify meaningful content.

That said, by all means go ahead and work on your keyword density.
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth Blog · Twitter · Contact me
    Neon Javascript Framework · Jokes · Android stuff

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choosing keywords is not about getting your ranked higher or ranked at all, its about figuring out under which keywords will your business receive the most benefit.

The best thing you can do right now is get listed in directories like Yahoo or DMOZ. Once you are in there the search engines will follow.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums