SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How to get ahead in advertising!!!!!??????

Hi all

I.ve got my 'niche' site running, I'm getting on average 200 hits per day, I've got a good ranking on Yahoo (hopefully the other engines will pick me up soon), I've got an online shop..............now I want to make some money.

Does banner advertising work? Does anyone have first hand experience of making a bit of revenue? My url is http://www.curlyworld.com all contributions gratefully recieved!!!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Curlygirl, yes it is a nice nich site....as such I would recomend you try Burstmedia.com which tends to cater for very nich sites like yours. Other then that, because you would probably have a high female audience mabye try selling some stuff like weight loss products which do well on the net....try clickbank.com, they have some high paying ebook weight loss programmes....also sign up with amazon and sell some related stuff too.
    Your traffic flow is probably far too low to make any sort of serious money so try and expand your content and build traffic.
    Also, if you dont mind me saying....the text on your website is too small, i really had difficulty reading it, mabye take it up a size...all the best with your website.

insert witty comment here
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say its just a matter of keep working at it. Expand your promotion with whatever is in your budget ... I wouldnt go overboard on banners though (payed ones at least)see if you can get linked to from other sites who would compliment your theme. Expand your product offerings. Do reviews for new products. Write some articles for other sites, have others write articles for your site. Get listed in some newsletters.

On the design side I would try and add a little more contrast to draw attention to specific parts - your shopping area especialy. Its a little too much a field of pink And it all kind of bleeds together - use color, contrast and placement to draw the users eye to your important areas.

Cheers,
    Myros
    NeuralStudios.com
    Art, design, development and web management services.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a very niche website. I would do what they suggest: go to ClickBank, CJ, independent websites, etc. to find good related products to sell.

Also, remember that you can always find a wholesale supplier with related products, and sell them yourself.