SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSS Page Problems - StepbyStep

I'm trying to solve two problems at a time so I can get this completed, thanks to a member I was able to get a head start on this

BasePage is suppose to be a link that is over the lighttable image, but I'm unable to get it to work instead it's just text displayed in a odd place, as you can see

How come the
    Code:
    class faded elements
    is not repeating on the Y ?

These are two transparent background graphics joined as one, I would like the top graphic (hopefully you can see it) aligned near the left edge of the tear. Would I have to make separate div with two background images or could this be done another way ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u have to paste the code of what is going wrong
    All those who wander aren't lost.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ammark, I think he meant the code in that link in the first line.

BasePage is suppose to be a link that is over the lighttable image, but I'm unable to get it to work instead it's just text displayed in a odd place, as you can see
    The ul might not be wide enough to hold it?

The span is getting knocked out of the anchor, so you must be APing it. otherwise it would still be clickable. I don't know what a lighttable image is, but I see images for the other menu items so I assume they are gilder-levin style image replacement links?

*edit might be an error: #nav li.basepage a {width: 100;height;100;}
    no units. Did this get run through the validators? It really sucks when you're looking to squash bugs and it ends up being a brain fart.

How come the
    Code:

class faded elements

is not repeating on the Y ?
    I'm not sure what's supposed to happen there, I can't seem to highlight it using quick and dirty Aardvark. Forget the image and give that puppy an ugly background colour or a border because I don't see it showing up on the page at all.

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also on the <li> you have the class "basepage" with no space so give a space there and the image will show up.. I don't really see what you want but hopefully it will become clear once you update the page with our suggestions
    Always looking for web design/development work.
    http://www.CodeFundamentals.com

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ul might not be wide enough to hold it?

The span is getting knocked out of the anchor, so you must be APing it. otherwise it would still be clickable. I don't know what a lighttable image is, but I see images for the other menu items so I assume they are gilder-levin style image replacement links?

*edit might be an error: #nav li.basepage a {width: 100;height;100;}
    no units. Did this get run through the validators? It really sucks when you're looking to squash bugs and it ends up being a brain fart.
    I believe I have fixed the problem but I'd like to see visually where I'm placing the anchor "basepage" which will sit on top of the graphic

I'm not sure what's supposed to happen there, I can't seem to highlight it using quick and dirty Aardvark. Forget the image and give that puppy an ugly background colour or a border because I don't see it showing up on the page at all.
    The background image is on the paper, and it's extremely faint you have to really look. If you see a microscope you see one of the two images.