SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't add library item in DW CS3

I'm trying to add a library item using Dreamweaver CS3. The DW help text says first select the HTML code (which I've done), then use Modify > Library > Add Object to Library. The problem is that "Add Object to Library" is not an active option in the flyout menu. I'm sure this is something really simple, but I've checked SitePoint, done a number of Google searches, and haven't found an answer. Any ideas? David

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I don't use this function (preferring simple PHP includes instead), but I just tried it out and found the same thing. However, I had selected the item in Code view. I switched to Design view and the button was active.

So, highlight the data for the library item in Design view, or highlight it in Code view and then switch to Design view before saving the item.

See if that helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ralph. Thank you so much for your response. So, the key is switching to Design View after highlighting in Code View. I might have gone round in circles for several days before stumbling upon the answer to this one. Thanks! David

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Glad that helped. It does seem strange for Dreamweaver to behave this way, but I guess you just have to learn to live with it... At least you can achieve what you require.