SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joomla Virtuemart SEF Breadcrumb issues

Iíve got a virtuemart cart (1.1.4 with joomla 1.5) that Iíve inherited and Iím helping my developer trouble shoot some issues we are having with the interaction of child products/attributes, SEF, broken breadcrumbs and missing pictures.

The store is at http://www.pitchinforagoodcause.org/...souvenirs.html.
    Take a look specifically at the women's boutique, chose a shirt size and watch what happens. I donít want it to do that Ė insert the attribute name into the breadcrumb, break the breadcrumb and break the links/lightbox to the detail images.

I also donít want to loose the child products - the client can keep a more accurate inventory with them

I found this article that describes how AJAX may be screwing things up with a work around: http://mertonium.com/2010/01/sh404sef-virtuemart-ajax/. My developer tried the work around but it didnít change anything. Does anyone have another suggestions?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The product image issue is because the response to the ajax request is not returning absolute urls to the image, so it's looking for them after the fake directory structure.

e.g. should be
    /images/stories/tee_images/i-wait-for-gary-call_blue_small.jpg

But is coming back

images/stories/tee_images/i-wait-for-gary-call_blue_small.jpg

That slash at the beginning means it's actually looking for it in the current folder (which doesn't actually exists as it's a rewritten url)

Woman-s-Boutique/T.-Heyman-Tees-I-wait-for-Gary-s-Call/images/stories/tee_images/i-wait-for-gary-call_blue_small.jpg

Not too sure about the breadcrumb stuff though