SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What exchange would you use?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Popup Exchange

1 33.33%
  • Start Exchange

0 0%
  • Banner Exchange

2 66.67%
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Popups, banners, or hit trades?

I am in the late stages on building an exit exchange when exitexchnage.com came out with this popunder "patent". Anyways I need to switch to another ad format or pay their expensive license fees so I thought I would ask website owners what they would like

The first thing that opos into my mind is a popup exchange, my feeling is though that it would not be very popular even if it was a responsible system that did not take away form the website. If I'm work here let me know!

My second thought is a banner exchange that allows media rich banner ads and personally I feel this is a winner, but I may be ahead of my time. I'm sure by now most of you have come across a dynamic ad, they typically expand when your mouse runs over them, it kind combines the banner ads with the space of a popup except it can also play sound and have all kinds of eye catching graphics sorta likea tv commercial. One of the reasons I think this will be popular is because it does not have the hated outlook that popups/popunders ahve but it is much more effective that the normal banner ad and the surfer has control over whether they wish to see it or not. The downside is it can cost a good amount to get a media rich banner built!

The third option I'm considering is a start exchange such as nomorehits.com, it seems like a dead end to me because even at a 1:1 ratio you could spend 10 minutes a day (5 hours a month) just to generate 900 visits and you can only reach people inside the network but again I could be wrong

I would really appreciate your inpute, just tell me what you would like to see. What would genuinly help promote your site?
    Last edited by WesternDesigns; Jun 28, 2002 at 17:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to SitePoint. If you break your post into smaller paragraphs, it's easier to read and you'll probably get a better response.

Anyway, I voted banner exchanges although I feel you left off the most effective one: text exchanges. I am against using popups and don't use them on my site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I forgot to mention si that I would be offering the exchange at a 1:1 ratio for a small monthly fee, probably something like 2.95 a month. Personally I think thats a pretty good deal for a 100% return!