User Tag List

Thread: @import

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question @import

Alright, I'm going to be creating a new site using CSS goods (I just learned CSS a few weeks ago), and I want to know more about using @import to comply with new and old browsers.

When I use @import, can I link to a CSS1 stylesheet, or is @import used for CSS1 and CSS2, and leaving pure html for Netscape 4.x and other non-css compliant browsers?

How do I use @import to my benefit?

Thanks,
    Cosmic.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you can use @import to link to any style sheet.......doesnt matter if CSS1 or 2.......

however, the older browsers wont recognize @import.....therefore, you can use it to your benefit by putting the more advnanced styles in that sheet, and then using a standard link to get a basic sheet that can be used for the older browsers.....

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:.:

Originally posted by mvd
    well you can use @import to link to any style sheet.......doesnt matter if CSS1 or 2.......
    Yeah, I knew that.

however, the older browsers wont recognize @import.....therefore, you can use it to your benefit by putting the more advnanced styles in that sheet, and then using a standard link to get a basic sheet that can be used for the older browsers.....
    So again, by basic you mean CSS1 only?

Thanks for the clear up.

Cosmic.