User Tag List

Thread: Blending logo

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blending logo

hi, I have a logo , which I want to blend in with a background (multiple colors). I just wanted to know if there is an easy way to do this or will I have to go color around the edge pixel by pixel. (The logo is semi transparent and doesnt blend very well, I used the transparency options in Photoshop)

thnx!
    Last edited by kix; Jul 2, 2002 at 03:59.

Former Staff Member silver trophy Adam P.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were you I would zoom in really close and use a small, feathered brush to erase the rest of the white. It should only take a couple of minutes.
    SPF Mentor/Advisor 2001-2003
    SPF Designer of the Year 2002
    SPF Graphic Designer of the Year 2003
    AdamPolselli.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try using th technique i just explained here
    it should only take you 30 seconds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason why your logo looks so bad right now is because you grabbed a highly compressed JPG of it. That's why you're getting the squared off nasty looking edges. Use the same logo but compress it as a GIF first. Then bring it back to an RGB formatted image and you'll be able to get rid of those edges.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by creole
    The reason why your logo looks so bad right now is because you grabbed a highly compressed JPG of it. That's why you're getting the squared off nasty looking edges. Use the same logo but compress it as a GIF first. Then bring it back to an RGB formatted image and you'll be able to get rid of those edges.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. The edges look like that because I tried to make it transparent using the Photoshop tool. I haven't worked with JPG's anywhere along the line..so I'm not sure where you're pulling that info from.

Thanks iTec, I think that's what I was looking for! I'll try it later on and let you know how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my two bits....

I think it looked great with the white fuzzy bits round it! would save you a lot of trouble on a pale blue background (same as forum post).

Just a thought

--
    X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What creole means is that it looks like your logo had been saved as a JPG (jpeg likes to do that to pictures). Also, the rest of the post meant to save your image as a GIF. Then to open it back up (from the saved GIF), and change your colors back to RGB (it will be on Index Color after it's saved). From there you can delete all the unwanted artifacts. That's the best way to do this when you want a truely transparent and crisp image.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Ur link doesn't work so I have no idea what it looks like. If you are doing logo work you need Illustrator or Freehand. Vector rules here and can always be converted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    404 Not FOund

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked through this. I tried iTecs tutorial and it's actually really good. The problem is the earphones had a drop shadow applied and it was maked the edges jagged and if I tried to exclude the drop shadow then part of the earphones would go missing!

Nope never saved it as a JPG, the edges look like that because after 10 mins of choosing transparent pixels, I gave up!

What I ended up doing was making the bg darker and pasting the earphones onto a new layer and changing the opacity until the bg's matched!

ah well, I fixed the link anyway so that it wasn't coming up broken.