User Tag List

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rancho and RanchHand Bumpers Work

Well I got in a 5 car pileup yesterday.

I was on a road that is 4 lanes across (2 going each way ) with no median or middle divider. Well a guy about 4-5 cars up needed to make a left hand turn so he had to wait for oncoming traffic. Well I see this happening so I hit the brakes. I stop about 2-3 feet behind the car in front of me and look in my rear view mirror, here comes an older model F150 at full speed and it hits me. And a car behind him hits him and me..... I hit the car in front of me and he hit the car in front of him. 5 cars....

I drive a '92 full size Bronco (like O.J.'s except mine is green) and it has a ranchhand bumper on the back. These bumpers are steel and usually welded to the frame and put on hinges so that it gives a little.

I get out of my truck and walk back to look at the damage. My rear window is gone, the tire that sits on hinge has been pushed into the tailgate and that was about it. The guy hit the bumper at about 40 mph and the bumper completely destroyed his truck. The engine of his truck had been pushed through the firewall into the cab. The bumper worked like it was supposed to it gave on its hinges (which will need to be replaced) and saved me from more damage. I did No damage to the 2 cars in front of me except for a scratch. My truck (mainly the bumper) absorbed the impact completely. The cops stood there for about 15 minutes just looking at my car and the other guys.

If you have an SUV or truck get one of these bumpers... They will work. And it will save you money.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might sound harsh, but the guy deserved to wreck his car this way. That sounds like one strong car you got there!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know he deserved to wreck his car... he tried to tell the cop that he was hitting the brakes. The cop walked him over to my car and his and stood between him. He said, "sir, look at his car and look at yours, you weren't trying to stop".

<?php echo(witty title)?> Sal Petrarca's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a pretty blunt cop, lol
    Geeks...Rock...Your...Box
    Sites:Dark Moon Rising:::My Site

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the cop was pretty straightforward and he liked to crack jokes. He was kind of rude to all of us involved in the accident.... He was the kind of cop that makes good cops look bad