SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry These IIS 5 thingies are driving me crazy!!!

ok these folders are driving me up the wall _private,_vti_cnf,_vti_log,_vti_pvt,_vti_script and _vti_txt . ok why is it everytime i delete these folders, they come right back. grrrr how do i get rid of these damn folders for good!! last question why are they even there, and what's thier purpose for being there in the first place.
    i love php

morphine for a wooden leg randem's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are the "Front Page Extensions".

You can turn that off in IIS's property sheet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do i turn them off
    i love php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by randem
    Those are the "Front Page Extensions".

You can turn that off in IIS's property sheet.
    how? i'm so sick of seeing these folders grrr!!!
    i love php

morphine for a wooden leg randem's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember exactly where it is. I completely stopped using Windows a year ago.

If I remember correctly, there is a tab in the web site's properties that contains a button labeled "advanced."

After clicking that button, another tabbed dialon comes up, and the last page says "Front Page Extensions".

Also, if I remember correctly, you can right click on the web site in the tree view listing on the left (while viewing the IIS MMC console) and select an option listed in the context menu to "Remove Front Page Extensions" or something like that.

Keep in mind that removing the extensions will leave you unable to connect to the server when publishing the site with Visual InterDev or FrontPage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by randem
    I don't remember exactly where it is. I completely stopped using Windows a year ago.

If I remember correctly, there is a tab in the web site's properties that contains a button labeled "advanced."

After clicking that button, another tabbed dialon comes up, and the last page says "Front Page Extensions".

Also, if I remember correctly, you can right click on the web site in the tree view listing on the left (while viewing the IIS MMC console) and select an option listed in the context menu to "Remove Front Page Extensions" or something like that.

Keep in mind that removing the extensions will leave you unable to connect to the server when publishing the site with Visual InterDev or FrontPage.
    thanks i've found it, hopefully once i reset my comp those folders won't be there anymore. thanks for your patience and help man
    i love php