SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone used the Flash "Search Engine SDK?"

Just curious here...I was just reading about the Flash search engine software development kit on Macromedia's site...basically, it seems to be a small app that parses through text and links in a .SWF to create an HTML page containing said text and links...the thought being that this file (or parsed information) could be used to create more "search-engine friendly" Flash content.

Now, I haven't implemented or even looked at the SDK itself (i've only read the documentation), but has anyone here had any experience with it? How does this differ from the default text tags that Flash generates upon publication of a movie (you know, those commented out lists of words, etc) in terms of searchability?

Basically, i'm trying to figure out a way to integrate some of the Flash e-learning pieces we are creating in-house into a searchable repository (along-side documents and static HTML pieces)...anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks so much!

Tim
    http://www.fivesevenfive.com | http://www.clampants.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google are currently indexing Flash content, although at present there only doing this for link counting purposes (i.e.. adding to sites PageRank from links in .swf files)

How does this differ from the default text tags that Flash generates upon publication of a movie (you know, those commented out lists of words, etc) in terms of searchability?
    Comment tags are all but useless as far as search engines are concerned as only Inktomi count them toward there results more info

As a simple solution you could create a HTML version for each e-learning piece and add a link thru (at the bottom of each page in HTML or Flash) to the HTML copy - that way Google would index it.