SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up IE problems with dual dropdown list

Hi, I recently finished some code that starts off by showing an options drop down list. To start off, the javascript runs fine in firefox.

What it should do: Display one drop list right when the page loads. Next when an user chooses an option the next list will populate as a result of the change. I accomplished this by encoding the 2nd list option in the javascript and using innerHTML to change div in the html.

Now I can't get this to work in IE... I know that javascript is enabled since I coded script to display the browser and os which worked fine after I 'allowed' the active content. I've tried allowing the content for the list script and refreshing, but the 2nd list never appears.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Sometimes finding a problem in javascript is very hard when you have the code right in front of you. Without the code there is not much that I can do...

cheers,
    floater

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was trying to prepare some demo code that works the same way and not in internet explorer... What I did discover that the 2nd list populates fine the code that is causing the problem is when I try to populate a table based on the option selected... again this does work on firefox.

Wow... well, as I changed stuff around I got my demo that I was going to post to work... arrrr... I guess that's good but I need to look through my code some more.

Thank you for the quick response, if I can't get my original code to work I may post again.