SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Form submit with Netscape 6

I have a questionaire form on my site with a submit button at the bottom which sends the responses to my email box. Like so:

<form action="mailto:me@home.net"
    enctype="Text/Plain" method="POST">
    <p>
    <span>
    <input type="TEXT" size="50" name="Question1" /></span>
    </p>
    <p>
    <input type="submit" action="" method="post" name="B1" value="Submit" /> <input type="reset" name="B2" />
    </p>
    </form>

When I submit the form through IE6 it works fine and the message goes to my email with the answers given to the questions on the form appearing in the body of the message. If I submit the form from Netscape 6, however, Netscape boots up a new window to compose a mail message with my email address in the "to" field and the other fields empty. So how do I make Netscape send the responses to the questions on the form?

Thanks in advance people.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you have 'action' and 'method' in your submit button? They should only appear in the form element. Try taking them out of the submit and see if it works.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And change your method to get

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took out 'action' and 'method' from the submit and changed the method to get but it still acts the same in Netscape and now IE6 as well. They both pop up an empty new message window instead of sending the form info. Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I should try to accomplish this with PHP instead. If anyone has done this and has any wisdom to share please do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

access to cgi script

if you have acces to a cgi-bin that u can set CHMOD commands to , i would suggest getting your hands on a form-mailer script. i would recommend anymail.cgi. i can do th form for you coz it needs hidden fields and stuff if u want.

alternatively, you could try signing up for a hosted scripts account at Hostedscripts.com. the info on the form mailer ishere.

chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a PHP script "Jacks FormMail.php" which I've downloaded and done a preliminary setup of and it seems to work. If anything unusual occurs I'll post it here. Here's the url for the script: http://www.lumbroso.com/scripts/formmail.php
    Thanks for the suggestions!