User Tag List

Thread: Popuptraffic?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Popuptraffic?

I just wanted to try them and found out that it's a rip. I got 130 UNIQUE visitor on my site yesterday and the stats only counted 33 in like 2 days.

It's possible to find a good ads service these days? I'm not building websites to make some money but I'm a student so I don't have much money to spend on hosting so I hopped that at least the ads could cover my expenses and maybe get some xtra money so It could help my site to grow..

So anyone know where I can find ads program? I prefer program that offer CPM..
    Last edited by Shurik'n; Jun 25, 2002 at 07:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Popuptraffic will show pops but only counts 1 unique per 12 hours and they filter traffic from certain countries.

You may show 50,000 pops for them but they may only count 5,000. If you look on their forums, you find Javascripts written by their members to cap the pops at 1 per 12 hours to avoid showing their pops for free.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok..
    well I will try to find another ads service..

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good choice because they do cheat people out of their traffic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pop-up traffic is a good program but the fastclick pop-ups are better in every way, better CPM rates and they count more pop-ups. Fastclick is harder to get into but give it a shot. And fastclick's code automatically gives the 12 hour cookie. Anyways, use fastclick as the main pop-up and Popuptraffic as your default(when fastclick does not have a pop-up to show).

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found another.. another joke

You have to display both, their regular banner and pop-up on 1 page, they give an average of 0.07$ CPM and 0.34 CPM

But someone contacted me (I beleive it's a member of this forum) and offered something that looks really cool.

Still waiting for his mail

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should try out Popuptraffic for a while. You will never get the same amount of pageviews as popups. Many people close them as soon as they start to load, and many people have "No Popup" software installed. Do you their code on each page of your site? If so, this is useless since they only count uniques every 12 hours. Out of about 4000-4500 unique visitors on my site yesterday, it counted 2,095 popups and pop behinds. They are basically the highest paying popup network on the net that only pops up 1 popup when you put the code on your page. ExitFuel's single popup program counts even fewer pageviews for me than popuptraffic. Popuptraffic DOES NOT cheat out their publishers. I pay a total of $11 a month for the 5 sites I run, and I've made $49.59 from 19,619 popups/behinds alone. You could also go with Focalex's popbehind program which I also use, but they only pay $1 CPM. With 130 uniques per day, if every popup was counted at $1 CPM, you'd only make around $47 in a year. It took my site 1 year to become profitable.

-Josh

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TDNetworks
    Good choice because they do cheat people out of their traffic.
    Most of the cheaters have been drummed out of the market but appearently, TDNetworks is still hanging on.
    http://www.standardinternet.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well either way fastclick does count more pop-ups. Popuptraffic still is a good program though. Hey Ron, I have 10 cellphone applications waiting..

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much does FastClick pay? I'm looking for someone to replace my secondary popup (not popuptraffic) provider who currently only pays $1 CPM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by CompuTwin.com
    How much does FastClick pay? I'm looking for someone to replace my secondary popup (not popuptraffic) provider who currently only pays $1 CPM.
    Fastclick's popunders have performed reasonably well for me -- I've gotten $2.5 CPM on them consistently.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fastclick refused to let's my site in.. they didn't give any reasons unfortunatly but I think it's because of the lack of stuff

I'll try them later since I'm getting some new hosted sites now..

But I don't have any privacy document on my site.. you think it could be the reason why they refused my site?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doubt its the privacy statement, I don't have one and they let me in.