Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

other text/ images along with frames

My index sheet looks like this,
    <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>CSL</TITLE>
    <link rel=stylesheet type="text/css" href="../../../default.css">
    </HEAD>

<frameset rows="150,*" border=0>
    <frame name="top" src="top.htm" marginwidth="0" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" noresize>
    <frame align="left" name="side" src="side.htm" marginwidth="0" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" noresize>
    </frameset>

<BODY LEFTMARGIN="0" TOPMARGIN="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

Now, I want to include some text and other images in the page. As the page says, the topheader occupies the top and the side header, the side. The positioning and other things are perfect now. But, I want to put in some text next to the side header and some iamges down below.
    Is it that I cannot include anything else in a page which has frames. If thats so, I dont really have to use frames.I can just indlude the top and side headers and then the rest. How will I d that. I had problmes when I tired to use that as regards to positioning. Is there anyway I can position the includes.
    Help please.
    Thanks.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should make add a new frame called content, which will hold the text and images. It would be positioned below the topheader and next to the sideheader.
    The code for it would be along these lines:

Code:
    <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>CSL</TITLE>
    <link rel=stylesheet type="text/css" href="../../../default.css">
    </HEAD>

<frameset rows="150,*" border=0>
    <frame name="top" src="top.htm" marginwidth="0" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" noresize>
    <frameset cols=150,*" border=0>
    <frame align="left" name="side" src="side.htm" marginwidth="0" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" noresize>
    <frame align="left" name="content" src="content.htm" marginwidth="0" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" noresize>
    </frameset>
    </frameset>

<BODY LEFTMARGIN="0" TOPMARGIN="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
    </BODY>
    </HTML>
    I set the side header to have a width of 150px. You can change this by editing the appropriate value in the second frameset tag .