SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

paypal ipn script not working

so ive got this php ipn script ive used on a bunch of sites, and for some reason, this time its just not working.

ive basicaly only edited the database information (hostname, password, etc), and some email adress, and i know the script should work, but its not for some reason and i have no idea why

anybody have any suggestions, maybe im missing something? could it be my hosting?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: seems to be working just fine on test mode, but for some reason its not connecting to my ipn script when its not on test mode

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You haven't told us which IPN script you are using (and there are lots of different ones). You haven't told us who is supplying the hosting (and some such as GoDaddy require special code for IPN scripts to work).

All you have said so far is that you have a script that doesn't work. A lot more information will be needed for anyone here to be able to work out why (unless their crystal ball works a lot better than mine does).
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you enable ipn on your real account?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ain't using my crystal ball now, but let me guess several possible scenarios.

1) You have not configured correctly IPN in your real PayPal account. You have to specify the full URL which leads to your IPN script.

2) Your script is written in manner which lacks some feature, obviously limited by the hosting provider or for some other reason.

3) You have mistaken something else.

I suggest that you show the script to us and you will us the answer will come up much faster.