User Tag List

Thread: Bulk Email

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bulk Email

I run a fantasy sports website and allow users to send email invites to friends to join their league. Some of the leagues have up to 750 members and my hosting provider doesn't allow more than 100 emails per hour. I know I could get a VPS package for the email, but I can't afford that option right now. It won't be that often that these bulk emails will be sent out, but at least a couple times a year I expect to see an email or two with 750 recipients on it.

Does anyone know of any good bulk email providers (or other options) that aren't too expensive? I just need to connect to an smtp server in my code to send out emails that could possibly have up to 1000 recipients. (I'm setting a limit of 1000 recipients to an invite)

Would any of the following handle what I need? I would like to keep the cost under $15 a month.

- Google Apps Business (1 user)
    - GreatMail

Thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Aweber does a killer job at a good price to manage and keep in touch with your mailing list. 750 is not very big number and it wouldn't cost you more than $15/mo I guess.

But if you're looking to send out bulk meilas to 1000s of people / hour then you need one of the high end softwares which can bypass your ISP SMTP and not get you banned. I recently found one of them on this site..

BulkmailingGladiator2010

I've not tried their services though, but aweber would serve your purpose.

Goodluck

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How often and how many per hour are you going to send? It seems that dedicated server is need for you

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally I won't be sending more than 10-20 per hour. The only reason I need a bulk email solution is because league owners could send out an invite with up to 1000 recipients.

This isn't an issue with constant email. I just need the capability to allow my league owners to send email invites up to 1000 people.

SitePoint Enthusiast catrinatalents's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many free bulk email sender software. Just PM me, I will search and tell you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think bulk email software is the solution for me. Unless I am missing something, which could very well be the case. My issue is that my shared email server through my hosting company doesn't allow more than 100 emails per hour. My asp.net website already has the functionality to send the emails, I just don't have an email server that will allow me to send the amount of emails that I need to.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get smtp account seperately