Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im using free avg.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds interesting! But FYI there is no 'best' - all such progs are only as good as the last update. But avast updates daily, it is free, it is excellent.

Forget it and get on with your life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the new batch of rogue or fake antivirus programs seem to be targeting AVG directly. For the longest time, I recommended it in my shop if a client didn't want to pay for premium support. Now adays I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials, as its pretty simple, effective, and unobtrusive.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    This is a pretty common question (if you want reasoning for the choice then just look back over previous threads) but I go with Avira, it's detection engine (based or shared with Kaspersky) is regularly ranked one of the best on the market. And their free product is a pretty decent solution too.
    i hav used so many antiviryses to protect my laptop from viruses. As my experience says ur computer shouldn't be protected from only viruses but from other malicious codes as well. sometimes worms are also pretty much capable to put u in great trouble. So the best antivirus which i found among them is 'Quick Heal'. Its a complete package of all kind of security and consumes less resource of your system as well....http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/imag...les2/smile.gif

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brein View Post
    i hav used so many antiviryses to protect my laptop from viruses. As my experience says ur computer shouldn't be protected from only viruses but from other malicious codes as well. sometimes worms are also pretty much capable to put u in great trouble. So the best antivirus which i found among them is 'Quick Heal'. Its a complete package of all kind of security and consumes less resource of your system as well....
    The only problem with your comments are that every Antivirus on the market protects against far more than just Viruses, I've yet to find a single Antivirus product which doesn't also protect against Trojans, Worms, Malicious software, Spyware and potentially key-loggers or other tools which could harm the end user.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is the best antivirus? Well IMO definitely NOT Norton! Anything but Norton.

The day after I finally decided to delete Norton Antivirus, I swear the sun shone brighter and the birds sang sweeter!

What a difference, with that dreadful program no longer hijacking the CPU for up to 60 minutes per day (up to 98% CPU for all that time) to run some mysterious, absolutely unstoppable process called ccSvcHst.exe. The (very helpful) Norton techs couldn't fix it remotely or suggest a solution, and neither can anyone else (having googled extensively and found it is a known problem for some users that goes back several years).

To be fair, obviously millions of people use Norton without experiencing this problem. But it does exist, it causes serious problems for some users, and Norton have not bothered to fix it even after several years. Why take the risk?

I replaced Norton with AVG 9 (paid for), which - touch wood - seems to work fine, and it took over from Norton without any problems, which must be a minor miracle in itself.

Paul

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive been using Avira now.. it is good.. I haven't any problem with it yet..

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit7285 View Post
    Which is the best antivirus? Well IMO definitely NOT Norton! Anything but Norton.
    To be fair, Norton's enterprise solutions aren't bad... it's just their consumer products that are bloated pieces of crud.

SitePoint Enthusiast sparkie2260's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Comodo Antivirus. Believe in me, it is really perfect and does so many functions to protect your computer.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go with Microsoft Security Essentials. It does an overall good job of detection and its free.
    RecipesNext.com - recipes, kitchen queries, videos & more...
    BargainNext.com - coupons / deals / bargains / offers & more...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Microsoft Security Essentials is very good and I've been using it for almost a year now on my 3 computers.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AVG is pretty good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using Trend Micro Internet Security Pro and it keeps out the nasties on the www very well........well, as far as I can tell it is

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Crazybanana's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use norton internet security, with some personal tweaking and settings on my main machine, and eset smart security on 7 other machines here.
    Who's to doom when the judge himself is dragged before the bar

Home | Web | Facebook

secure webapps for all Aleksejs's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F-Secure anyone? (~;

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi,

kaspersky is best and better anti virus for your system. Because it uses low system resources and they not disturbs for every time with notifications. it means all anti virus software's are asks notification like//; update, delete, scan, remove, reboot.

if you are using notebook, the battery backup is very high, because of it uses low system resources.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used nearly every virus checker out there. AVG & Avast offers decent protection but can slow your system down. Since MS released Security Essentials i have been using that. It is very light weight and offers very good protection. Its probably the best free solutions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using avira at home and E-set Nod 32 in my office i found both much effective.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree, I prefer to use ProteMac NetMine too

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always found Kaspersky to be the best virus scanner in the market. I've used about 6 over the years including norton and bitdefender and they haven't provided the level of protection I got with Kaspersky. Its scanning engine is even used by other virus products like Trend Micro. Trend Micro used to use the CA antivirus scanning engine in the past, and when they transfered to Kaspersky, it improved significantly.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using AVG and I think its much better than others.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the best anti-virus I would prefer will be Mcafee and Dr. web

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Antivir Avira is the best one.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AVG is the best anti virus for all time.I like it very much, use it and prefer it mostly.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nod 32 is good