SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hosting your clients' websites

Hi,

I'm currently hosting three of my client's sites using third party hosting plans for each one ($87 each) and of course I'm not making any money in any of these websites, so I was wondering if is there a good Reseller company where I can host them and start making money in future sites.

Is there a good and cheap reseller company that I can probably start with?

What would be the right way to start hosting somebody else's websites?

Do I wait until I have more?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thank you very much!!!

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many of the major web hosts have reseller options. HostGator has a reseller plan for $25/mo which can host unlimited websites. $25/mo covers all your clients.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can make money off hosting clients sites. you have to charge enough to cover your expenses and time. if you're just charging what it costs you, then you need to charge more or add an administrative fee for you time to manage the site(s). this is regardless of whether you go with reseller or other type of account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your comments!
    Thank you very much!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lunarpages is based in texas they have also good affiliate program I use them for my customers since 2 years
    More by Corrado Prever... visit www.corradoprever.com
    Porfolio... visit www.500px.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are paying too for hosting even if this is yearly charge. You should go for a reseller account and host your clients yourself under your reseller account. Charges for reseller accounts depends upon the platforms, web space, bandwidht required and so on. LINUX reseller plans are mostly cheaper than windows plans.

Good luck.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you need to start your search with various forums. There are specific sections on the each of them where you will be able to find out more information about the existing offers. And will be able to communicate with provider. Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have thought of doing reseller hosting for my clients but after I did the math and read some feedback about it I decided not to.
    I don't see that much profit in it but I would be another job and responsibility.

Trying to collect a monthly hosting bill for $6 from 20 different clients and having to shut down sites when people don't pay. What a headache..

What if the hosting company goes bankrupt and disappears? (It does happen) then you are scrambling to find another host for 20 sites.

I read a few threads about it and quite a few horror stories, that turned me off of the idea.

I would rather someone else take the hosting responsibility worrying about the sites is enough.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zipperz View Post
    Trying to collect a monthly hosting bill for $6 from 20 different clients and having to shut down sites when people don't pay. What a headache..
    If your client wants you to host their site, then have them pay for a year's worth. No bill chasing. If they're paying you $xxxx+ for a website design, and signing a maintenance contract, then prepaying the web hosting should they want to host with you shouldn't be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperz
    What if the hosting company goes bankrupt and disappears? (It does happen) then you are scrambling to find another host for 20 sites.
    If you use a large and established web host, the chances of that happening suddenly are extremely low.

HostGator's been around for 7 years. HostRocket's been around for 10 years and got its start in the SitePoint forums. LunarPages has been around for 11 years.

It'd be a day of inconvenience to restore your backups on another host with the same control panel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot for your comments!
    Thank you very much!!!