SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Content Management +Portal + Healthcare

Hi everyone,

Question for everyone thats a CMS guru.

Let me tell you a bit about what we are trying to do and I would be really happy to listen to everyones suggestions. Treat this as if it was your own business site.

We are a small rural health care agency after talking to our boss has given me some direction on how he wants our new company website created. Currently we have a static type website with a bunch of static HTML pages. We are considering going to a CMS where we can manage all of our pages easily inside of a manager.

Now for the twist...

He is wanting it set up like this...

On the main page there will be a intro to who , what, and why we are who we are etc.

There would only be three or four main linkson this page that take you to different type 'portal' pages where you wouldnt be able to see the links of the other portals inside of.

So lets say we had a link on the main page to 'Patients, Recruitment, Employees'

So you go to the main page, and you fall into one of these categories, you click on one of those links and your taken to a completely seperate section of the site that may or may not be designed like the other two. And you see none of the links from recruitment inside of hte patient portal.

Some of these sections he wants password protected, mainly like the Employees portal would be password protected so that the general public couldnt log into the employees portal and view our policies and other information that we pass along to our employees.

Now that you have a general idea of what we are doing, how would you attack it and plan for it.

Thanks everyone
    http://shiretown.net "Local Discussion Forum"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of these sections he wants password protected, mainly like the Employees portal would be password protected so that the general public couldnt log into the employees portal and view our policies and other information that we pass along to our employees.
    I would put this on a local and secured intranet.

Everything else, well pretty much any decent CMS can handle that. So you need to specify the budget, who is going to get involved and how (from your own business), what sort of content you'd want to put up, who puts it up and how regular, what sort of features you'd want to provide your patients.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We currently do have it setup on our intranet, but the boss thinks that if we had them all together we wouldnt have to mess with two different sets of protocols, setup, design and updating.
    http://shiretown.net "Local Discussion Forum"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having it on your intranet can be more secure than having it out there as part of your CMS, even if it's password protected no CMS is really perfect in that matter - well maybe there are ways of really making your CMS absolutely secure, but personally I'd be more comfortable with having it not on the internet.

You could use the same system though, which would ease updating a little.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant