SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Guys i'm into big trouble, Wants to book Domain Names in Multiple Countries

Hi Guys,

I want book Domain Names in Multiple Countries, but while accessing they are asking me residential proof. (And since we are very small start up company i have presence in only one country currently) (And ".com" is too much expensive, something around $3000, so i cant afford it)

So currently i'm into biggggggg troble

Plzzz help me if you can.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry but there is no way around the ccTLD (multiple countries) issue, the reason why there are residential restrictions is because people might misappropriate themselves as a local website when they are in some other nation (for example an american claiming to be french - using a .fr domain). If you did try to register it the registrar would be perfectly entitled (and legally so) to snatch back the domains in question with no refund or notice to you for violating the terms. Unless you live in those countries or own a trademark there - or have offices and business there, you cannot register those domains.

As for your .com issue, I don't know where the heck you are trying to register a domain but no .com (unless it's owned by someone else and is a premium one at auction) will be that much money, if you are registering a domain with no previous owner it's unlikely to be more than $10, I would consider finding another registrar.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    Sorry but there is no way around the ccTLD (multiple countries) issue, the reason why there are residential restrictions is because people might misappropriate themselves as a local website when they are in some other nation (for example an american claiming to be french - using a .fr domain). If you did try to register it the registrar would be perfectly entitled (and legally so) to snatch back the domains in question with no refund or notice to you for violating the terms. Unless you live in those countries or own a trademark there - or have offices and business there, you cannot register those domains.

As for your .com issue, I don't know where the heck you are trying to register a domain but no .com (unless it's owned by someone else and is a premium one at auction) will be that much money, if you are registering a domain with no previous owner it's unlikely to be more than $10, I would consider finding another registrar.

Thanks a lot, for your review. Really appreciate your valuable time.

Actually that is premier acct. which is .com, so they just increased the things,

So now i'll search new domain name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is mostly not required that you stay in the country for which you want to book a TLD. If you have your business or office in that country, you can book the domain. If you have any contact in concerned country, you can use that contact to book concerned TLD or send a PM to us and we will tell you exactly how to do this legally.

Wish you all the best.
    Regards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exp30 View Post
    Thanks a lot, for your review. Really appreciate your valuable time.

Actually that is premier acct. which is .com, so they just increased the things,

So now i'll search new domain name
    COM domain names are TLD domain names and they are not ccTLD. Where are you from I wonder?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    COM domain names are TLD domain names and they are not ccTLD. Where are you from I wonder?
    Hello there,

Thanks a lot for reply and information.

We are very small set up (only two persons company), and we are totally new for this domain registration system, so simply bare with us. Just trying to learn how things works.

Again thanks for information on both threads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exp30 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I want book Domain Names in Multiple Countries, but while accessing they are asking me residential proof. Plzzz help me if you can.
    well, i never think that will be a problem if you have a cooperation with China, only what you need to supply is your contact way and your require for domains, and money in the end,