SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This forum does not work

I just registered at this forum and have been nothing but annoyed. I'm trying to get help with some code. I spent 10 mins editing my post, submitted the post, then got an error saying "To help spam you cannot post links". I clicked the back button and my entire post was GONE.

I edited the entire thing over again, wasting another 10 mins, making sure there were no links in my post. There we ZERO links. I only had text and HTML code in my post.

I clicked submit and got the same error, once again losing me entire post when I clicked the back button.

It looks like this forum has a few issues that need to be worked out. Now that I've wasted 30 mins of my life and gotten no help I guess I'll go find a new forum.

From space with love silver trophy
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The editing of posts is blocked after a certain amount of time to stop people replacing their own posts with a load of spam. Links can be posted in a way eg:
    www dot sitepoint dot com
    When writing any long post (this goes for in any forum) it's best to compose it in say notepad and then copy and paste it into the post box.
    Community Team Advisor
    Forum Guidelines: Posting FAQ Signatures FAQ Self Promotion FAQ
    Help the Mods: What's Fluff? Report Fluff/Spam to a Moderator

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey MrGeeker,

I'm sorry you found that frustrating. It's worth double checking your code to make sure that you didn't have any a elements in the example, as the URLs in your href attributes might be triggering the link checker.
    "I'm Commander Shepard, and this is
    my favourite post on the internet."

We'll miss you, Dan Schulz.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by SpacePhoenix View Post
    The editing of posts is blocked after a certain amount of time to stop people replacing their own posts with a load of spam. Links can be posted in a way eg:
    I'm not sure what you are talking about? I can't edit a new thread that hasn't been posted or post links.

Quote Originally Posted by raena View Post
    Hey MrGeeker,

I'm sorry you found that frustrating. It's worth double checking your code to make sure that you didn't have any a elements in the example, as the URLs in your href attributes might be triggering the link checker.
    Thanks,

I did check and I didnt see anything. But it would be nice if the forum actually warnned me that this was going to happen. If there was a notice at the top saying to remove links. Also, it would be nice if your post wasnt completely deleted when you received the error. It's annoying when you waste time typing something out and the website gives an error, then doesn't let you go back and fix your mistake. It just deletes your post.