User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Need help to find correct Hosting Server for community website

Hi Guys,

I'm currently working on one of the book community website, including near abt 6-7 pages. Which will be in ".net or php"

In the the early Stage (6 months) i'm expecting a bit low traffic (In the same time, I'll work upon marketing to get a good amt of traffic), So after that (may be) i'm expecting huge traffic, since we are planning for multilingual sites.

So i am looking for Correct Hosting Server, which will allow me upload multiple domains (may be 15/20), with really good speed (i dont want any compromise in speed for loading page), Still i'm just trying to set the things so thinking for Cheap server.

Plz do suggest for this.

Thanks,
    eXp30

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been with hostgator for years and Im really happy.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but which type of your website is (most matters)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try HostGator, value for money.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not going to suggest any providers but I would like to share my thoughts on your requirements. It can be hosted in a shared hosting account for sure; at the start. Also you can use the addon domain option to host multiple site; most of the providers offer that option. You can check that also. Check with the provider whether there are options for upgrades if you need in future. I will suggest a self research to find your best host. Do you have any preference for the server location?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    I am not going to suggest any providers but I would like to share my thoughts on your requirements. It can be hosted in a shared hosting account for sure; at the start. Also you can use the addon domain option to host multiple site; most of the providers offer that option. You can check that also. Check with the provider whether there are options for upgrades if you need in future. I will suggest a self research to find your best host. Do you have any preference for the server location?

Nope, Actually i'm planning to launch ".us" edition first, then i'll go for others

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i am looking for Correct Hosting Server, which will allow me upload multiple domains (may be 15/20), with really good speed (i dont want any compromise in speed for loading page)
    Then you should probably consider hosting the different websites close to the audience. US for North America is a good idea. UK is good for most European locations. Australia or Singapore might worthy locations too if Asia is of interest.

While there are hosts with servers in multiple locations, you'll probably end up using multiple providers.

Which will be in ".net or php"
    The right thing to do would be to first decide on that, as .net means you'll require Windows, because Linux doesn't support it fully. Then it's time to chose your host. Most providers specialize in one or the other, or have a reputation built around one OS. Finding reputable Windows based hosts may not be as easy as finding *nix based ones, but that doesn't mean you should choose PHP for that reason alone.
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Then you should probably consider hosting the different websites close to the audience. US for North America is a good idea. UK is good for most European locations. Australia or Singapore might worthy locations too if Asia is of interest.

While there are hosts with servers in multiple locations, you'll probably end up using multiple providers.

The right thing to do would be to first decide on that, as .net means you'll require Windows, because Linux doesn't support it fully. Then it's time to chose your host. Most providers specialize in one or the other, or have a reputation built around one OS. Finding reputable Windows based hosts may not be as easy as finding *nix based ones, but that doesn't mean you should choose PHP for that reason alone.

But, Can it be affordable, or can i upload on one hosting server who are having their own multiple branches in different locations. (For example, can i upload on hostgator main server USA for ".us" version, and also i'll access their own server for "co.uk" version from Britain. Plz. do suggest.

Thanks for considering such a nice point. I'm working on comparative study for feasiblity with both ".net" & "php" technologies. I'll most probably go for "php".

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i guess they understand our concerns and are more flexible than any other company,till u go against the rules.
    imo,dnt think much and register an account there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you need to work with the offers now. Check as many as possible and then return to the forums and serach for the feedbacks. I believe that would be the best.
    You need make sure web host will feet you and then read if they are good or bad
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation,
    dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, Can it be affordable, or can i upload on one hosting server who are having their own multiple branches in different locations. (For example, can i upload on hostgator main server USA for ".us" version, and also i'll access their own server for "co.uk" version from Britain. Plz. do suggest.
    Typically, no. Even if you do find a host with servers across the globe, you'll have to buy separate packages for each location.

One host where things might be different, would be Hostnine, but that's true only for their reseller hosting AFAIK, which aren't cheap either.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can start with a Windows shared hosting package to host .net and php websites. I would suggest you to consider a hosting provider who allows easy upgrades so that you can upgrade your hosting package if your requirements increase in future.

If you are targeting US for traffic, it is better to host your websites on US servers.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Ross View Post
    You can start with a Windows shared hosting package to host .net and php websites. I would suggest you to consider a hosting provider who allows easy upgrades so that you can upgrade your hosting package if your requirements increase in future.

If you are targeting US for traffic, it is better to host your websites on US servers.

Why windows? I think linux web hosting account will be fine. Why just pay more for windows hosting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James has a point though. Windows packages typically support both .net and php, and would allow the OP to find a host now if he wants to/has the time to do the research, and decide on the programming language to use later on.