SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Did anybody create a new wordpress blog on Dreamhost with Syntaxhighlighter Plugin ?

I have created several blogs successfully on dreamhost and use this plugin
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/syntaxhighlighter/

Since a few weeks, using exactly the same wordpress mu version AND SAME MySQL host, this plugin doesn't work on my NEW dreamhost blogs (while still working on my existing blogs).

This is illogical and so support doesn't know why either.

If any of you have the same problem or have a clue about what to do.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have contacted support of the web hosting company. But have you tried to contact support of the web application developers? (wordpress)
    Ask your web host if new sites hosted on the same server as old ones
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation,
    dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask the wordpress team about the same, and also, make sure that the new installation you did is Wordpress 2.7+ or the latest one released.
    Try to delete any previously uploaded plugin folder, and download this downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/syntaxhighlighter.zip
    Extract the zip file into a folder and then upload the folder to the plugins directory, and try to activate the plugin.
    VPS Hosting
    VPS Affiliate Program 110% Commission
    The opinions expressed on this site are my own
    and do not necessarily represent those of my employer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalLinx View Post
    Ask the wordpress team about the same, and also, make sure that the new installation you did is Wordpress 2.7+ or the latest one released.
    Try to delete any previously uploaded plugin folder, and download this downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/syntaxhighlighter.zip
    Extract the zip file into a folder and then upload the folder to the plugins directory, and try to activate the plugin.
    I tried everything thinkable like dropping all tables and reloading from a blog that works, starts with no plugins and install only that one.

Nobody answered on WP forum that doesn't astonish me, it's really irrational

Next, I will try to take the database and put it on my local server but I'm not sure how to install worddpress mu on windows due to mod_rewrite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally I found why: I have uploaded the standard package from windows and I don't know it doesn't work. I have taken files from my former webhosting and it works now.