SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wordpress Database that client can enter and update data

I need to create site that holds members information. There would be many groups, each group would have one person responsible for entering and updating the info for that group. Does anyone know of a similar site built with wordpress that I could look at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I know of Wordpress, that's beyond what's possible, maybe with Wordpress MU but I haven't used that myself.

You could look into Drupal and its Organic Groups (OG) module, you might need a couple more modules, though.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Maybe I should just do this by setting up a mySQL database and give users access to their own tables. This will be my first project of this type. I am able to setup a mySQL database on my server. I was then wondering how to present an interface within html or php so that users can access their tables.

Maybe now I am taking this a different direction and this is no longer the correct forum?

Brendan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you know about database design, other than how to set a database up? What do you know about security? And what do you know about user interface design (usability, accessibility, among others)?

Three areas that you would need to know a fair bit about in order to get a decent to good solution. Particularly the second one is critical, you wouldn't want somebody else messing around with your data.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant