User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few questions about SSL certification

- i was reading somewhere that i'm able to use only 1 SSL certification on each
    server. so how does Godaddy offer it in their standard hosting packages?
    - how good, fast and reliable are Godaddy servers?
    - if the page usses SSL, is it enough to secure 100% sending forms or there's more than that to implement?

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can have one SSL certificate per IP address and so to implement more than one on the same server you just assign multiple IP addresses to the server.

With an SSL implemented on a web page the public key poertion of the certificate gets downloaded into the browser along with the web page and is used to encrypt all of the requests sent back to the server where the private key portion of the certificate is then used to decrypt it. All of this is built into the HTTPS protocol so that just having the certificate and using HTTPS is sufficient.

The security certificate covers security between the browser and the server. It does nothing regarding security of the information in the browser itself (if there is spyware or keylogger software on the computer to capture the information as it is entered) and it does nothing regarding security of the information once it has reached the server.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">