SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Microsoft Project 2010. Having experimented with many project management software, I feel Project 2010 by Microsoft is the best. It helps smoothen the process for completing projects. Also IMHO, it is among the best project scheduling software out there. There's a good chance it would meet your needs. I recommend Microsoft Project 2010 because of its many advanced features. Although, it's not free, you can try out the FREE trial version for 60-days.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Open Workbench,comes very close to MS Project, but is client-based. Provides import of MS Project files (XML).
    <snip/>
    Last edited by Mittineague; May 1, 2011 at 18:33. Reason: Please wait until you get your signature for your links.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

For someone who needs a complicated project management software with Gantt charts support etc there is for example dotproject.net for free. For smaller project you can try, also for free (basic plan), projectino.com, what is more for online collaboration, personal project as well as for less complicated project in your company. Both softwares are SaaS, so you can use them with many people,wherever you want - only what you need is internet access.
    I hope this info will be helpful for you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for replying the post, i was searching for project management s/w.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you try Dooster Task Manager | Online Project Management | Task Management ? It's excellent. Our company uses it and if customer service is important to you then it's even better. They're really nice. We didn't need anything custom built or tailor made with them because it was all there and ready with Dooster.net. I'm sorry you've had so much trouble.

BTW I wonder which software Mitch went with eventually.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend Projectile. Super simple, but also has all the needed features. Its not only a project manager, too, since it does other thing like Invoicing, Time tracking, etc. And, since you can have multiple users, all my employees can be assigned tasks easily through Projectile. Home | Projectile Pro give it a try, you might like it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if Zoho Projects (Web-based) can do that but you can give it a try. Here's a project management software package called Latitude that can do what you look for. Although it's not a web-based application, you can still remotely access it through RDS, which allows you to run an application remotely via network.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I am leaning towards a free web-based project management solution so I am trying out TeamLab and Freedcamp. I hope that Freedcamp will be able to integrate with Google Apps in the future.
    Inspireo Media - Solutions for a brilliant web presence
    Hollywood Fashion Tape from Orinity.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mitcho View Post
    Hi Everyone.
    My business is in desperate need of some good web-based project management software. We are a small web development studio, with 6 staff all in the same office.

Before the suggestions start flying: we've used Basecamp, ActionMethod and a long time ago a free one called NetOffice. None have addressed our needs.

Basically what we are looking for is - other than the obvious features - something that can achieve the following,
    • Able to assign costs to project so we can see how much each project is valued at (as this is important for judging priorities)
    • And be able to provide an overview/list of all projects in the system - really important when we have a WIP meeting so we can see what we have on and whats coming up.
    • Be able to track projects ALL the way through the cycle: quote, project, completion,invoicing,paid,closed.
    • projects broken up into milestones
    • client management (projects will be assigned a client)
    • multiple users (logins for separate users of the team) and ability to view schedule of each user - see what they are/should be working on.
    • keep track of changed - e.g. when the scope of a project changes it needs to be noted so can be charged for at the end.
    • Be a place we enter ALL projects, including quotes. its important to track quotes so you can see how much business you are getting versus winning, but also for follow up purposes - some quotes may be accepted and move to the project stage but others may be rejected.
    • Archive completed projects

We've spent a lot of time researching different online tools and thought it was time for an expert opinion from the sitepoint community.

Hope you can help.

Thanks
    May I suggest my development?
    Manage projects, share files, collaborate with people and control your finances online.

I can give you a longer trial period if you interested! Just email me.

You can register for free (no credit card info needed! - just a simple registration). I suggest to select the biggest plan to see every functionality of my cloud application, cause every plan has a 30 day totally free period.

I think the prices are very competitive ones.
    http://co3app.com
    Manage projects, share files, collaborate
    with people and control your finances online.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been using GoPlan for about 4 months now and so far so good.

It's got a lot of features we dont need, and we are only using it for managing project tasks - no sales, leads, accounting, etc.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have ever plan to switch over -and you choose co3 for some reason- just drop me a line and I will happy to help you.
    http://co3app.com
    Manage projects, share files, collaborate
    with people and control your finances online.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest you have a look at Saviom employee scheduler (Employee Scheduling Software - Powerful, Affordable & Easy to Use).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tracking time for your business can be made easier with Time Doctor software. It helps in easy time tracking for all your business projects ensuring profitability and productivity both at the same time.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Partners share with you this link that contains a
    comparing two software tools for administration and management
    projects.
    Hope will be helpful

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...Y2JiOGU2&hl=en

Leonardo Moreno
    Alberto Ali López

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My winning combo, at the moment, is ActiveCollab + PivotalTracker. Incredible combination!
    The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods. — Socrates

SAGEWING LLC - QUALITY WEB AND MOBILE APPS. PREMIUM OUTSOURCING SERVICES.
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Good Recommendations

I too have been facing the dilemma of trying to find that 'perfect' PMS / Time Tracker / CRM. My situation is fairly unique. My company operates as a division of a much larger marketing company. We handle all of the sales, work, project management etc.. but I need to communicate with HR and Accounting departments what projects we've got, who's assigned and what the status of the project / timeline is for billing purposes.

We currently use Basecamp and Highrise but I don't get much use out of Highrise and Basecamp is great but it's missing some key features in my book.

Basecamp Wishlist

• Ability to track projects from initial consultation through proposal, contracts, deposit and completion. It would be nice to be able to catalog which projects we landed, which ones we didn't and let authorized people see what billings are coming up.

• Simple Billing Layer - My billing department has to email me to tell me what's been paid and what hasn't which is hard to keep track of to make sure that no bills / time slips through the cracks. Would be great if they could flag "time logs" as paid or "billed". Seems like a simple feature. We use the time logging feature which helps but you can't log "time" on a project based fee in Basecamp.
    • Simple Mind Map Functionality - Mind maps are tremendously helpful. I use Basecamps "White Board" feature but it's pretty useless when considering you can just as efficiently create a shared Google doc which is what we do 99% of the time anyways.
    • Embedded CRM - I hate having to switch to Highrise and don't feel like it offers us the tools which we need. One simple feature would be the ability to setup reminders to contact clients at specific dates. Sure you can do this with To-do's but I don't want my client relations biz mixed with my dev biz.

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: now our winning combination is ActiveCollab + Pivotal Tracker + Freshbooks.

We went to Freshbooks because the time tracking integration with aC isn't much, and there is no tracking with Pivotal Tracker. I did a rough analysis and decided that the 'value' of having super tight time tracking integration was significant - who doesn't want to have developers starting and finishing tasks with automatic time tracker?

But, even though that is valuable we get a much higher value by having excellent collaboration through aC and a very simple and effective taskflow through Pivotal Tracker. So, it's actually easier to have an administrator/bookkeeper type nag developer to track their hours (old school) and have them use the friendly Freshbooks interface to do it.

In the end, the overall productivity seems higher if we leverage tools for development speed and quality first, and administrative things like time tracking second. There is a new agile plug in for aC that I might try, and if they put together a better time tracking system I'm interested in that, too.

ActiveCollab is drifting from being a basecamp clone (which I am happy about) and is really becoming mature. Zoho is also pretty impressive!
    The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods. — Socrates

SAGEWING LLC - QUALITY WEB AND MOBILE APPS. PREMIUM OUTSOURCING SERVICES.
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now I'm testing producteev. It's very simple, just for creating small tasks. But that's all I need - the most important is the project not its management.
    Warsaw - the city that survived its own death.
    EMM8 - Profesjonalne Strony Internetowe
    Projektowanie Stron WWW

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have download free project management script from this site

you can download project management script here : freescripts.ipowertechs.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Project management software

Hi Everyone.
    My business is in desperate need of some good web-based project management software. We are a small web development studio, with 6 staff all in the same office.

Before the suggestions start flying: we've used Basecamp, ActionMethod and a long time ago a free one called NetOffice. None have addressed our needs.

Basically what we are looking for is - other than the obvious features - something that can achieve the following,
    • Able to assign costs to project so we can see how much each project is valued at (as this is important for judging priorities)
    • And be able to provide an overview/list of all projects in the system - really important when we have a WIP meeting so we can see what we have on and whats coming up.
    • Be able to track projects ALL the way through the cycle: quote, project, completion,invoicing,paid,closed.
    • multiple users (logins for separate users of the team) and ability to view schedule of each user - see what they are/should be working on.
    • keep track of changed - e.g. when the scope of a project changes it needs to be noted so can be charged for at the end.
    • Be a place we enter ALL projects, including quotes. its important to track quotes so you can see how much business you are getting versus winning, but also for follow up purposes - some quotes may be accepted and move to the project stage but others may be rejected.

We've spent a lot of time researching different online tools and thought it was time for an expert opinion from the sitepoint community.

Hope you can help.

Thanks
    Hi,
    I can suggest you to have a look at eResource Scheduler. This configurable resource scheduling software is easy to use and generate booking on a single click. You can assign costs to projects or resources where financial reports give all the financial details of a single resource or the whole project. The software is collaborative which facilitate users to create multiple login and check out their schedules. Timesheet , forecasting report, drag & drop scheduling, etc are features of eResource Scheduler.
    Last edited by Stevie D; Jan 20, 2012 at 17:44. Reason: Promotional links removed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone.

Hope you can help.

Thanks
    Given the features that you're looking for including finance management, team collaboration, resource allocation and others - I'd suggest you check out Microsoft's project management software. It can be accessed over a web-based connected platform as well.