Promoting a site is a nightmare.
Promoting a site is a nightmare.
I will surely start with social Bookmarking sites, in the current era Social networking websites are the hottest way to promote your site
I'm not saying their is anything wrong with using tools such as ads, forums, blogs, forums, social networking - if they are used judiciously to enhance what is already being offered on your website. Otherwise it becomes fluff at the expense of substance.
In my opinion, focus on building the best website you can to meet the needs of your target audience. Focus, too, on developing trust relationships with your clientele and potential clientele. The rest will follow.
Allright, let's say built a website with tons of high quality content, and I built a website with less and lower quality content at the same time.
You believe that your content will reach the right audience (you also believe in mouth of word promotion), and I start marketing my site heavily.
How do you think, which site will be more popular and make more money after some time (1-3 years, for example). I believe this site will be mine because it will be a well known, so people won't look for alternative choices.
Let's take cars as another example. Why do people believe BMW or MB cars are good (and don't look for other choices)? Because these companies market their crap heavily. No matter that BMW and MB cars suck badly (and there are better cars around), but most of people still use them.
I will stick to building well-designed sites emphasizing quality content because I am in it for the long haul and my business philosophy is to serve my clients to the best of my ability.
I respect your right to differing opinions so let's agree to disagree on this one.
i do agree that social bookmarking is essential for site promotion if not the single way. My network on facebook and yahoo group have been proof of it.
Really site promotion is a very time consuming process. But it's very important to increase your visibility in various major search engines. You can also increase your website traffic bu using social media marketing or social networking.
I do believe that site promotion is really a time consuming but its worth the effort when your site is getting a rank. you have to make a lot of traffic for your site to be more popular. the more the viewers, the higher the traffic and lastly more income of your own niches Hope it helps.
Can anybody suggest the best online bookmarking strategy for offshore finance related websites?
site promotion is a hard work. because it takes more time to post on forum, social bookmarking, blog posting, commenting etc........but with help of networking website is possible to get more traffic.
site promotion is a hard work, it takes more time to forum posting, blog posing, social bookmarking, commenting etc.....but with help of networking website it is possible to get more traffic.
Last edited by DaveMaxwell; Feb 5, 2010 at 11:55. Reason: no fake sigs
You know, I do find that promoting my site does take away from the enjoyment of the site. I have found that sometimes massive public traffic is not what you want in a site- in fact, by gathering more traffic, you're just gathering a higher "bounce rate" - check your Google Analytics statistics!
I want my sites to have a community of regular and contributing members. I think the best way to do that is to build a community of sites and have traffic flow between all these sites. That way site promotion is instant with the addition of new sites (freeing you from worrying about it), and also growing.
Promoting a site is not too hard. The marketing aspect of every business is a tough job for businessmen. Your business will not be recognized if you will not talk about it or advertise your services. We know for a fact that advertising is very expensive. If you are a starter in social networking creation and a small entrepreneur, you can not normally afford on paying costly advertisers. That is given already.
Read more at http://www.datingsitebuilder.com/wha...-blog-268.html
iam aggre with sreeja opinion ...
promotion need more time and needed patience plus hard working to do well...
and with social bookmarking or social networking is can support your'e promotion program...and i think it's more effective to do that ..
Promoting your website, so be a patience and doing hardworking, just doing forum posting, social bookmarking, article submission, directory submission and more...
So what's the really the best way to promote through social networking? any body has any tips?
u promote ur website with the help of this 82 step:
1. Website analysis
2. Keyword Research
3. Adding Emphasis with Header Tags
4. Adding Emphasis with Tail Tags
5. Bold, Italic effect to main keywords
7. Competition Analysis
8. CSS Validation
9. Google Base Feeds
10. H Tags Optimization (Eg: H1, H2, H3)
11. Header Tag Optimization
12. HTML Code Clean Up & Optimization
13. Image & Hyperlink Optimization
14. In depth site Analysis
15. Link Validation
16. Meta Description Tags Optimization
17. Meta Keywords Tags Optimization
18. Navigation & Design Optimization
19. PR Sculpting
20. Robots.txt Optimization
21. Text Modification Tags Optimization
22. Title Tag Optimization
23. URL Rewrite
24. W3C Validation
25. Working on HTML Source Code
26. Link Development
27. Authoritative Submissions
28. Broken Links Checking
29. Directory Submissions
30. Extraction of Site Url’s ( Link Level Depth)
31. Internal Link Structuring
32. Link Building ( Link Bait )
33. Manual Link Request to Related Sites
34. One way link (PR4 or Greater)
35. Site Back-links count
36. Local Search Engine Optimization
37. Custom Review Submission
38. h card Integration
39. Local Search Engine Submission
40. Testimonial Submission
41. Updating pages for local searches
42. Website Usability & Conversion
43. Being Webmaster Tools account setup & monitoring
44. Google Webmaster Tools account setup & monitoring
45. Installing Usability Tools on Website
46. Monthly Website Conversion Tracking
47. Optimization for Multiple Browsers
48. Article Submission
49. Blog Comment on Relevant Blogs
50. Blog Designing for the website
51. Blog Submission
52. Classified submission
53. Creating Promotional pages on hubpages, squidoo, etc
54. Face Book Twitter Marketing
55. Integration of page bookmarking tools
56. Integration of page sharing tools
57. Paid Submission
58. Photo Sharing
59. PPT Submission
60. Press Release
61. Product Indexing on Google Base
62. Rss Feeds
63. Social Bookmarking
64. Video Submission
65. Content Writing & Optimization
66. Article Writing
67. Blog Writing
68. Content Modification
69. Press Release Writing
70. Thematically Optimization of content pages
71. Website content writing through Latent Semantic Indexing
72. Website Spell Check
73. XML Site Map Creation & Submission
74. SE Saturation Checking ( Google, Yahoo & Bing)
75. Log file analysis
76. Google, Yahoo & Bing Site Map Creation
77. Google Analytics Funnel Creation
78. Google Analytics Account Setup
79. Deep Indexing Recommendations
80. Checking server response code for each URL
81. Check Search Engine Road Blocks
82. Check PR of each url
Wow looks like you included everything related to Site Promotion, Thanks for the information.
Anyone who is new in promoting his/her website I recommend the guidelines suggested by mividazul.
If you do onsite SEO, I don't think you will see results faster than in 3-6 months... However, if you do heavy backlinks building, the results may come faster