SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Unique CMS Options?

My first website was published using Article Manager as the CMS. At that time, AM was quite unique and full featured. Development there has stagnated and I'm not interested in using their product anymore.

About a year ago I launched a site using Vivvo. It's a little buggy but overall a great CMS system.

I have a a few sites that use Wordpress but I have to say I'm not a huge fan. I also have a sit that uses modx cms but the back end is a joke.

Web dev for me is a business, and although I can appreciate open source, I'm not a fan of the culture that comes with it. I would much rather submit a ticket to a company to trouble shoot my problem, than spend hours on forums/tutorials coming up with the free solution.

With that in mind, I'm curious as to what compamies are creating user friendly, full featured and supported, for pay, CMS systems. I'm not IBM so a 20K system is obviously not the right fit. Is there anyone targeting SMB publishers, with systems in the $500 range?

Every search I do comes back to the open source sytems which don't interest me at all, so please don't direct me that way

Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What features are you looking for, exactly?
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)