SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robo Form vS Online Password Manager

Does any know if using applications like RoboForm is secure enough to keep password safe on your computer?

I have also looked at online password managers such as PassPack which I am considering using.

Its Computer Stored Passwords cs Online Stored Passwords. Neither are secure but which do you think is the better option?

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    RoboForm is perfectly secure and will do the job you want, but I personally recommend KeyPass, it's open source, free and very secure...

http://keepass.info/

PS: I don't trust online password storage, all it takes is for the server to be compromised and bang goes all your data (not to mention downtime can be an issue).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect, Thanks for that

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roboform is an excellent program and 1password is just as good for the Mac.
    Keypass is also a nice program but I have been using RF for many years now and I am used to it. I also like the ability to create "safenotes" (encrypted plain text files).
    I use those to store a client's sensitive info and I email them back and forth with the people I work with when we need to exchange sensitive data.

Frankly, without Roboform I am not sure I could manage as many websites as I do or at least that I could do it as effectively.

The funny thing is that I have been a really big fan of Roboform for a long time and I have help them sell a lot of copies to clients associates and readers of my blogs. Yet the RF folks always seem to be annoyed and dismissive whenever I contact them with an issue (which is not frequently).
    So I don't like them, but I sure like their product.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    RoboForm is perfectly secure and will do the job you want, but I personally recommend KeyPass, it's open source, free and very secure...

http://keepass.info/

PS: I don't trust online password storage, all it takes is for the server to be compromised and bang goes all your data (not to mention downtime can be an issue).
    You are right. I use RoboForm. Where do you get KeyPass?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using Roboform and I haven't encountered any problem using it or storing my passwords and login information. It's a big help with my account information and everything is fast and easy which saves time and energy filling each form over again.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use WinOrganizer. There is a copy installed on each computer I use, and I store main data file in encrypted flash drive (so I can access my data anywhere).
    Daniel, Helpdesk Leader
    Hosting24.com Web Hosting - First class web hosting services.
    Reseller Hosting - Provide unlimited disk space and bandwidth