SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jquery - Pointers needed for a newbie! Questions about JQuery & QuickFlip2

Hi,

I am extremely new to JQuery, I started playing with a script yesterday, I cant write any JS, where would be the best place to learn this? Is it essential to learn to write?

I have been playing with QuickFlip2. I have incorporated this into a page, it looks great in every browser apart from....yes, IE, as it blocks JS usually until you allow it.

IE bumps the script out like two images on top of each other, its supposed to have the flip effect with a linked button (I have used it like a business card).

Are there any hacks or anything that I should be aware of when using Jquery?

Unobtrusively zen silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapppa View Post
    Hi,

I am extremely new to JQuery, I started playing with a script yesterday, I cant write any JS, where would be the best place to learn this? Is it essential to learn to write?
    Someone else asked this just recently. Have a good look at this thread:
    Which should I learn first? Vanilla javascript or a framework?

I have been playing with QuickFlip2. I have incorporated this into a page, it looks great in every browser apart from....yes, IE, as it blocks JS usually until you allow it.
    That issue occurs only in a local environment. Once you upload the page to a server, the script blocking will no longer be an issue.

IE bumps the script out like two images on top of each other, its supposed to have the flip effect with a linked button (I have used it like a business card).

Are there any hacks or anything that I should be aware of when using Jquery?
    It will help you to know that jQuery has been especially written so as to level the differences between all of the major web browsers.
    Programming Group Advisor
    Reference: JavaScript, Quirksmode Validate: HTML Validation, JSLint
    Car is to Carpet as Java is to JavaScript

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much for your reply!

Thats gerat that it only affects the local environment, was a bit skeptical thinking about usability!

Such small scripts can a beautfiul addition to a site, I will be playing more!

Cheers!