SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jQuery + iFrame Modal Window + Passing variables to the parent window

I'm building a site where I have a link to Upload a Photo. when you click this link it launches a Modal Window. (I haven't decided which one to use yet, if you have any suggestions...Feel free to make some).

Inside the modal window is a form for you browse and upload your photo.

Hit submit and within the modal window you'll be able to crop the photograph.

Hitting the crop button will create a thumbnail from your image.

now, what I want to do is send the value of the filename to the parent window, but i think i need to use an iFrame for the modal window because my script uses a PHP header redirect to go from screen to screen via an ajax call.

So, I'm getting really confused in all of this and I'm at the very last step. I just want to take the filename from the modal window and send it to the parent window as soon as the value is available.

I want to send it to a readonly form field. Then the user will be be able to fill out a short form and hit submit and that will attach the photo he just uploaded to his profile.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually i figured this out sort of...

I'm no longer using Lightbox, Tinybox, etc - any of those...Now I'm using a DHTML Modal Script called SubModal...

It does the trick perfectly. I was able to pass the value and submit all of my pages through all of the steps.

Rob