SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast rashedirshad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Site is not functioning after Memory Limit increase

I have increased the limit using ini_set function to 4000M. I was getting error, now the error has been removed but

Now when I browse the site, its not working the site is in busy state. What could be the problem and should I restart the webserver? The site is live I cant restart the server. I think there is maximum memory limit we can set using ini set?
    Khan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4000M ~= 4GB. Your website should not require that much memory. Try reverting to what you had and bumping it up to something more reasonable.

Also, you'll probably have to restart the httpd service. You shouldn't have to reboot your server, and the restart should only take a few seconds max.

Note: if you're changing your Apache config file, you might want to run apachectl configtest before restarting to make sure the config file checks out alright.

As a suggestion, if your server supports .htaccess files, I would put the directive in there to keep the site more portable.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like mysqli problem again

SitePoint Enthusiast rashedirshad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have thousands of records and I export the records. I have increased the memory limit. It works fine for ; export. It works fine for , but it does not work for Tab export. I have used \t as tab delimiter.

The page executes for about 5 to 6 minutes showing a progress bar but after that it stops execution. Sometimes it stops after 3 minutes and sometimes it stops after 6 minutes. But it never complete the process.

All other export functions work properly. I downloaded the txt version of the file and its size is 25MB. It means there are many records.
    Khan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you using to export, phpMyAdmin?

I've had memory issues with phpMyAdmin while trying to export entire databases for backup. My solution was to go with MySQL Administrator, as it has a faster, memory-safe backup algorithm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aksival View Post
    What are you using to export, phpMyAdmin?

I've had memory issues with phpMyAdmin while trying to export entire databases for backup. My solution was to go with MySQL Administrator, as it has a faster, memory-safe backup algorithm.
    Mysql command for backup:

Code:
    mysql>mysqldump -u<username> -p<password> table_name > sql_file.sql