SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Make $3,000 a month with Hosting affiliates!

Hey everyone, I posted this within my online community and would like to share it with my friends here on Sitepoint forums as well. It involves ANY hosting affiliate (hostgator, hostmonster, lunarpages, etc...), and cannot be saturated. If you ever wondered how you can make money with hosting affiliates, here it is:

This method is a really old method but still works, and if you take action, I will guarantee that 99% you will most definitely make money. This method involves giving out free websites, in return for the client to sign up under your hosting account. You can offer a free autoblog, or a simple 1 page lander of some sort.

What you will do is tell your prospects that you will be creating free websites for them, only in exchange that they sign up under your hosting affiliate link (hostgator, lunarpages, hostmonster, bluehost, etc.), and if you really wanted to push it, under your domain affiliate as well (register.com).

When they sign up with that hosting company, you will receive $65 - $125 commission (depending on the hosting company) for each customer referred to them. That's it! Simple huh!?

Now let's break down the steps and the whole process :
    1) Find customers
    You could find customers within various places such as classified sites (craigslist ), internet marketing forums, SEO (your own website), etc...

2) The ad
    Your ad could be as simple as "Hi, my name is so and so, and I'm trying to build up my portfolio as a starting web designer. I want to create a website for you totally free, and all you would have to do in return is to simply sign up under my hosting .... please click here to go to the hosting, and if you really want, you could also use this coupon code (insert code here)"

3) Creating the website
    You could create a free website for them such as an autoblog (takes you minimum of 1 hour to set everything up).

4) Collect profits

Hosting affiliate programs are a great way to bank on income. If you can recall "the rich jerk" used a system way back where he had his members sign up with his hosting company meta host or something like that, in which he collected commission from every one of the members he referred to their hosting.

Really guys, some of the money making strategies are extremely simple, you just need to think outside the box, put a twist to this method, and I will guarantee that you will make money. Now to take action!
    Tired of not making any money online?
    Haven't hit your $100 a day mark?
    Join BlackhatGuide today, and find out what you've been missing!

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The catch here is that this is called "incentivizing" and most affiliate agreements prohibit incentivizing clicks on their affiliate links. If they find out you're making this offer they can terminate you and withhold any earned commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by HostGator Affiliate Terms of Service
    Incentivized commissions, and offering any form of incentive to obtain a sale is forbidden, unless prior approval is given and cleared by HostGator Staff.
    http://www.hostgator.com/affiliate-tos.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by HostMonster Affiliate Program Terms and Conditions
    Affiliates MAY NOT offer cash back, rewards or incentives.
    https://www.hostmonster.com/cgi/info...l?show_agree=1

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHost Affiliate Program Terms and Conditions
    Affiliates MAY NOT offer cash back, rewards or incentives.
    https://www.bluehost.com/cgi/info/af...l?show_agree=1

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzuken View Post
    You could create a free website for them such as an autoblog (takes you minimum of 1 hour to set everything up).
    I really don't think that creating a website can be that simple...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is brilliant. I also don't think this would be considered incentivized. What's the difference if you pay me to build your website and then back end hostgator. or if I do your site for free. Either way you were going to sign up for my hosting. I've used this technique in the past. Although I have my own hosting company so the sales came to me. I also charged higher per month for this. Right now I have a client that has been paying me $39/month since 2000 for a free site I gave him. So this really works.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1advnet View Post
    What's the difference if you pay me to build your website and then back end hostgator
    One has an incentive and one doesn't...

1) "If you sign up for HostGator through this link, I will build you a free website" -- the incentive to sign up for HostGator is the free website you'll get.

2) I pay you to build a website, then you recommend I sign up with HostGator -- the incentive to sign up for HostGator is...? Nothing, I don't get anything extra for doing so.

This is pretty clear cut.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    One has an incentive and one doesn't...

1) "If you sign up for HostGator through this link, I will build you a free website" -- the incentive to sign up for HostGator is the free website you'll get.

2) I pay you to build a website, then you recommend I sign up with HostGator -- the incentive to sign up for HostGator is...? Nothing, I don't get anything extra for doing so.

This is pretty clear cut.

agree with you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The catch here is that this is called "incentivizing" and most affiliate agreements prohibit incentivizing clicks on their affiliate links. If they find out you're making this offer they can terminate you and withhold any earned commissions.
    This is very funny. These same companies are the ones that also provide us with discount codes, coupons and "bribing" ideas....

They've got all sorts of "incentivizing" (something wrong with the spelling) resources for their affiliates

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery--777 View Post
    This is very funny. These same companies are the ones that also provide us with discount codes, coupons and "bribing" ideas....

They've got all sorts of "incentivizing" (something wrong with the spelling) resources for their affiliates
    The difference is that these are methods they control. The risk with letting you come up with your own incentives is that you may drive customers to them that only want the incentive, not the hosting, and will cancel their plan immediately. The commissions web hosts pay are based on some percentage of the customers you refer staying for a year or more. If your incentives lead to lots of cancellations, they'll pay you more than they earn, and that's not sustainable.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference is that these are methods they control. The risk with letting you come up with your own incentives is that you may drive customers to them that only want the incentive, not the hosting, and will cancel their plan immediately. The commissions web hosts pay are based on some percentage of the customers you refer staying for a year or more. If your incentives lead to lots of cancellations, they'll pay you more than they earn, and that's not sustainable.
    Yes. Makes sense. But most of these hosting companies hold your commission for a month or two to ensure no cancellation or no cc fraud present.

I've lost many commissions due to customer canceling. HostGator, specifically, comes up with all sorts of BS to escape paying us. Cancellation/Stolen CC/Duplicate Order/International Spy... you name it! It is not like they pay you eitherway. They have the upper hand here regardless.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like they sell air in bottle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery--777 View Post
    Cancellation/Stolen CC/Duplicate Order/International Spy... you name it!
    I can tell you from experience being on the other side, that these probably aren't bogus reasons. Web hosting has huge fraud rates. If they didn't check orders at all, at least half would be paid with stolen payment info, and the host would be out of business due to the chargebacks after a few months.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you from experience being on the other side, that these probably aren't bogus reasons. Web hosting has huge fraud rates. If they didn't check orders at all, at least half would be paid with stolen payment info, and the host would be out of business due to the chargebacks after a few months.

Dan... I understand what you say... but when I consistently get four "fraud" or "stolen" claims out of five, with a specific host, I tend to think of them being the reason.

I have no problem with other hosting companies... I get canceled commissions once in a while, but the rate is very very high with that specific hosting company I mentioned above... probably shouldn't have mentioned the name...

That said, it may still only be my bad luck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's because HostGator is the most popular among scammers right now. They're the best target -- huge volume of real orders per day makes it harder for them to screen for fraud, low prices, mostly automated setup so the scammer can get a website up fast.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's because HostGator is the most popular among scammers right now. They're the best target -- huge volume of real orders per day makes it harder for them to screen for fraud, low prices, mostly automated setup so the scammer can get a website up fast.
    I thought about that too. So I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.