SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hide an extension name - Give a browser page name - Make the page go fullscreen

    Hi Guys,

    I am working on a project (in html and flash) and i have 3 issues. Your help would be really useful and appreciated. By the way, my swf cannot be simply put in an html since i need it to expend.

    1-Hide an extension name; I know that with a html page, you simply create folders and name your all your page index.html. It will hide the extension name of your file in this case for example /contact.html would give /contact/. But i have multiple swf files too. So i need to do the same thing i did with my html pages. I tried to make an index.swf but it doesn't work.

    2-Give a name to a swf file for the top of the browser. It easy to do it for an html, is there a way to name your page on a swf file for the browsers ?

    3-From the index, i want the next page to go full screen after we clicked enter. I found a couple of codes but a they seems to work only with few browsers. Is there a simple code that will work with all of them ?

    Thanks a lot in advance for your help
    theVibe

  2. #2
    Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    16,875
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevibe View Post
    1-Hide an extension name; I know that with a html page, you simply create folders and name your all your page index.html. It will hide the extension name of your file in this case for example /contact.html would give /contact/. But i have multiple swf files too. So i need to do the same thing i did with my html pages. I tried to make an index.swf but it doesn't work.
    Alternatively you can update the .htaccess file (assuming your hosting is using Apache) to tell how to treat files that don't have extensions.

    Quote Originally Posted by thevibe View Post
    2-Give a name to a swf file for the top of the browser. It easy to do it for an html, is there a way to name your page on a swf file for the browsers ?
    You'd need to add index.swf to the list of files that the server looks for when a file isn't specified. That too goes in the .htaccess file.

    Quote Originally Posted by thevibe View Post
    3-From the index, i want the next page to go full screen after we clicked enter. I found a couple of codes but a they seems to work only with few browsers. Is there a simple code that will work with all of them ?
    No but there is a simple flag that can be set in most browsers that will prevent it happening regardless of what you do.
    Stephen J Chapman

    javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

  3. #3
    Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    8,111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As far as I am aware, there is no method using .htaccess to synthetically replace the title element for a page, however you can use .htaccess to replace the URL path to something more friendly (minus the .swf). Arguably I am wondering why you don't embed the SWF file inside an HTML file and just set the object to 100&#37; on width and height (therefore giving it the same dimensions as you would get with a simple direct link). If the flash file is dimensionally measured in percentages, it would scale and resize based on the available size, no need to mess with complicated code either.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •