0 Thread(s)

Annoying "bullet" issue

Hi ,

For some reason the bullets refuse to show here:

http://www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/...ncun-tours.htm

The code is:

Code:
    	<ul style="list-style-type: circle;">
    		<li><a href="http://www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/ekbalamadventure.htm">Ek Balam Mayan Adventure Private Tour</a> <sup class="red_sup">New!</sup></li>
    		<li><a href="http://www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/feed_sharks.html">Feed the Sharks!</a> <sup class="red_sup">New!</sup></li>
    		<li><a href="http://www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/snorkel_adventure.html">Snorkel Adventure</a> <sup class="red_sup">New!</sup></li>
    		<li><a href="http://www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/ultimate_jungle_adventure.html">Ultimate Jungle Adventure &amp; Tulum Ruins</a> <sup class="red_sup">New!</sup></li>
    		<li><a href="http://www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/selvatica.html">Selvatica's Extreme Adventure Tour</a> <sup class="red_sup">New!</sup></li>
    		<li><a href="whale_sharks.htm" class="seablue">Swim With the Whale Sharks</a> <sup class="red_sup">New!</sup></li>
    		<li><a href="isla_contoy_mujeres.htm" class="seablue">Isla Contoy Nature Preserve</a></li>
    		<li><a href="airport_transfers.htm" class="seablue">Airport Transfers</a></li>
    		<li><a href="captain_hook_show.htm" class="seablue">Captain Hook Pirate Show and Dinner Cruise</a></li>
    		<li><a href="tulum_coba.htm" class="seablue">Tulum and Coba Private Tour</a></li>
    		<li><a href="HiddenWorlds.htm" class="seablue">Hidden Worlds Cenote, and Puerto Morelos Reef, Snorkeling</a></li>
    		<li><a href="dolphins.htm" class="seablue">Swim with the Dolphins</a></li>
    		<li><a href="carribeancruise.htm" class="seablue">Booze Cruise; Pirate Assault; Caribbean Funday Cruise </a></li>
    		<li><a href="Cozumel.htm" class="seablue">Transportation to Cozumel</a> from $59 Adults $44 Children</li>
    		<li><a href="jungletour.htm" class="seablue">Jungle Tour</a> $55 Adults $30 Children</li>
    		<li><a href="IslaMujeres.html" class="seablue">Catamaran to Isla Mujeres</a> $53 Adults $35 Children</li>
    		<li><a href="scuba.htm" class="seablue">Snorkeling and Scuba Diving with Scuba Cancun</a></li>
    		<li><a href="fishing.htm" class="seablue">Deep Sea Fishing in Cancun</a></li>
    		<li><a href="xcaret_private.htm" class="seablue">Private Xcaret Express</a></li>
    		<li><a href="chichen-itza-private.htm" class="seablue">Private Chichen Itza Express</a></li>
    		<li><a href="Tulum-XelHa-private.htm" class="seablue">Private Tulum Xel-ha Express</a></li>
    	</ul>
    I notice it has some stuff in the main CSS file, maybe that overwriting it?

TIA for any suggestions - its been driving me nuts

Cheers

Andy

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird, just randomly was doing a 2 section block (left and right), and the bullet showed fine there... now I worked out if I add a 20px indent, it shows then fine:

<div style="padding-left: 20px;">

Cheers

Andy

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy C. Ankerstjerne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is that you have set the left-margin of the li to 0 (or something similar) somewhere in your CSS, which will 'hide' the bullet (i.e. display it outside the visible ul block).
    Christian Ankerstjerne
    <p<strong<abbr/HTML/ 4 teh win</>
    <>In Soviet Russia, website codes you!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I can't see anything obviouse... but for now, I guess I'll just have to use the indenting feature, to get the bullet images showing right

Thanks!

Andy

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ul li { margin-left: 15px; list-style-type: disc; }

That should bring each list item marker into viewpoint cross browser, I believe.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - I've just been hard-coding the indent for now (only a few places I'm using li, and I don't fancy doing a general li {} , as that will mess up the left menu bit =))

Thanks for the reply though

Cheers

Andy

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultranerds View Post
    Thanks - I've just been hard-coding the indent for now (only a few places I'm using li, and I don't fancy doing a general li {} , as that will mess up the left menu bit =))

Thanks for the reply though

Cheers

Andy
    Of course, I was being very general.

You would target this style via a class naming convention, so that you can use this throughout your site.
    e.g.
    .list li { margin-left: 15px; list-style-type: disc; }

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you don't want to affect all li's you could do ul#blah li, then give that list an id of blah. Or maybe make it a class if you need it in a few places per page.
    Ryan B | My Blog | Twitter

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point - may well do that - thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome