SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice on where a UK student should go for a years internship in web design/dev

Hi, im currently 19 and in my second year of a degree in Web Design at the University of the West of England, Bristol, UK. In my third year I am hoping to do a paid placement year (internship) and I would very much like to spend it working somewhere in the US. I have not been to the US before but it has always been somewhere I have wanted to go, especially somewhere like California. But im not really sure on where to start looking and what sort of places would be good to live in for a year. What would living in LA be like?

Thanks

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know what LA would be like, or the USA in general, but I think you'll find Web firms everywhere. What are your other interests? Perhaps a place that has ties to something you're interested in would be best?

Good luck too, with the placement and course

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron118 View Post
    What would living in LA be like?
    Incredibly expensive.

I'd start by looking at whether you are eligible to work in the USA and then try to find an internship.

Who offers you an internship is going to decide where you live.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know you probably want to travel the world but why not get an internship here in the UK? Some of the worlds leading web design experts are based here and there's a lot of great web design studios whom you could probably get to work with if you went round and asked