SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are common rates for these countries?

I have a question about regular CPM rates for different regions. I know that rates vary a lot depending on multiple factors, however what would you say 'worth it' CPM rate should be for the following regions:

USA
    Canada
    European countries (GB, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden, France, Germany, etc)
    East European countries (Slovakia, Hungary, Serbia, etc)
    Asia region countries
    countries of South America
    Middle East countries

what rate ranges should be for these countries, what do you think? Imagine there are around 1 mln visitors on the site, and there is no adult content.

Any advice would be appreciated.

SitePoint Enthusiast BlogPatrol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I've asked the same question on numerous occasions. Like you, so far, I haven't been able to get useful info. I don't know why there is a reluctance to define reasonable/competitive CPM rates. Looking forward to any posts that would provide valuable information or insight.
    BlogPatrol.com - Free Blog Counters, Widgets and Stats

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because there is no such thing. The reasonable CPM rate is that which is slightly less than the earnings per 1000 impressions by the advertiers, which in turn depends in both the click-through rate then the conversion rate.

The CTR depends on how well the ads match the interests of your site, and the CR depends on both interest and demographics of your visitors and how well they match the advertiser's target market.

You can't just slap a price on it and say that's everyone's rate for Canadian traffic. The reasonable CPM for you to be paid for Canadian traffic depends on how often Canadians on your site click the ad and how well the average advertiser in that network converts Canadian visitors from your site.

If it's too low, you'll end up being booted from the network sooner or later, because the advertisers won't keep paying the network for traffic that doesn't result in more revenue than they're paying. Consider the end to end economics of the situation, because that's the only way any number is going to last.

SitePoint Enthusiast BlogPatrol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sense. Thanks Dan!
    BlogPatrol.com - Free Blog Counters, Widgets and Stats

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Dan. Yes, these points are clear, however as you understand, anyone would like to find out/predict approximate rates in advance ...