SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question osCommerce error - Call to underfined function tep_session_save_path

I have installed a payment module to interface osCommerce with some accounting software and I can download orders from my store and post them into quickbooks, however when I try then to update the status of my order back into quickbooks I get the following error,

Client found response content type of 'text/html' but expected 'text/xml'
    the request failed with the error message:
    --
    <br />
    <b>fatal error</b>: Call to undefined function tep_session_save_path() in <b>C:\XAMPP\htdocs\admin\includes\languages\english.php<b> on line
    <b>594</b><br />

This is the text from line 594,

define('WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT', 'Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: ' . tep_session_save_path() . '. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.');

I believe this is looking for a temp directory which I have created but does not seem to recognise.

Can you please offer any assistance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is a typo somewhere with the word "Temp"
    tep_session_save_path()

I would look for "tep_session" function and find it (probably in english.php), then rename it to "temp"

And Usually the Session save path is in your XAAMP folder, not a real directory in your actual application, so thats not the problem i dont tthink
    like in php.ini mine is set to : session.save_path = "c:/wamp/tmp"

But if that is the problem, open your php ini and look for session.save_path, and make sure it exists wwherever it says

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi JREAM,

I don't think that tep is a typo as it is a command. here is an extract of the english.php files from two different stores ( both oscommerce)

Store 1 - the one causing the error

PHP Code:
    define('ERROR_TEP_MAIL''<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2" color="#ff0000"><b><small>TEP ERROR:</small> Cannot send the email through the specified SMTP server. Please check your php.ini setting and correct the SMTP server if necessary.</b></font>');
    define('WARNING_INSTALL_DIRECTORY_EXISTS''Warning: Installation directory exists at: ' dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/install. Please remove this directory for security reasons.');
    define('WARNING_UPGRADES_DIRECTORY_EXISTS''Warning: Upgrades directory exists at: ' dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/upgrades. Please remove this directory for security reasons.');
    define('WARNING_CONFIG_FILE_WRITEABLE''Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: ' dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.');
    define('WARNING_CONFIG_FILE_WRITEABLE_CATALOG''Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: ' DIR_FS_CATALOG 'includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.');
    define('WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT''Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: ' tep_session_save_path() . '. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.');
    define('WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE''Warning: I am not able to write to the sessions directory: ' tep_session_save_path() . '. Sessions will not work until the right user permissions are set.');
    define('WARNING_SESSION_AUTO_START''Warning: session.auto_start is enabled - please disable this php feature in php.ini and restart the web server.');
    define('WARNING_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT''Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: ' DIR_FS_CATALOG 'download/' '. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.');
    define('WARNING_ENCRYPT_FILE_MISSING''Warning: The Encryption key file is missing.');
    define('WARNING_TMP_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT''Warning: The /tmp is not writable: ' DIR_FS_CATALOG 'tmp/' '. The page cacheing will not work until this directory is writable.'); 
    Store 2 (reference)

PHP Code:
     define('ERROR_TEP_MAIL''<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2" color="#ff0000"><b><small>TEP ERROR:</small> Cannot send the email through the specified SMTP server. Please check your php.ini setting and correct the SMTP server if necessary.</b></font>');
    define('WARNING_INSTALL_DIRECTORY_EXISTS''Warning: Installation directory exists at: ' dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/install. Please remove this directory for security reasons.');
    define('WARNING_CONFIG_FILE_WRITEABLE''Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: ' dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.');
    define('WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT''Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: ' tep_session_save_path() . '. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.');
    define('WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE''Warning: I am not able to write to the sessions directory: ' tep_session_save_path() . '. Sessions will not work until the right user permissions are set.');
    define('WARNING_SESSION_AUTO_START''Warning: session.auto_start is enabled - please disable this php feature in php.ini and restart the web server.');
    define('WARNING_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT''Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: ' DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD '. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.');

define('TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_INVALID_DATE''The expiry date entered for the credit card is invalid. Please check the date and try again.');
    define('TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_INVALID_NUMBER''The credit card number entered is invalid. Please check the number and try again.');
    define('TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_UNKNOWN_CARD''The first four digits of the number entered are: %s. If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card. If it is wrong, please try again.');

define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY'' <a href="' tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' STORE_NAME '</a> &nbsp;&copy; ' date('Y')); 
    So tep is used quite a lot, unless I am misunderstanding your post?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have looked in php.ini located in C:\XAMPP\php and have found the following setting in the file

PHP Code:
    [Session]
    Handler used to store/retrieve data.
    http://php.net/session.save-handler
    session.save_handler files

Argument passed to save_handler.  In the case of filesthis is the path
    where data files are storedNoteWindows users have to change this
    variable in order to use PHP's session functions.
    ;
    ; The path can be defined as:
    ;
    ;     session.save_path = "N;/path"
    ;
    ; where N is an integer.  Instead of storing all the session files in
    ; /path, what this will do is use subdirectories N-levels deep, and
    ; store the session data in those directories.  This is useful if you
    ; or your OS have problems with lots of files in one directory, and is
    ; a more efficient layout for servers that handle lots of sessions.
    ;
    ; NOTE 1: PHP will not create this directory structure automatically.
    ;         You can use the script in the ext/session dir for that purpose.
    ; NOTE 2: See the section on garbage collection below if you choose to
    ;         use subdirectories for session storage
    ;
    ; The file storage module creates files using mode 600 by default.
    ; You can change that by using
    ;
    ;     session.save_path = "N;MODE;/path"
    ;
    ; where MODE is the octal representation of the mode. Note that this
    ; does not overwrite the process'
    s umask.
    http://php.net/session.save-path
    session.save_path "C:\XAMPP\tmp" 
    There is a folder called C:\XAMPP\tmp which has quite a few temp files in it (by the looks of things)

I'm unsure where to go from here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its better first you try to find the solutions in related forums. Have you check the oscommerce forums ??
    if not yet then here is the link for you for the solutions:
    http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/3...ion-save-path/
    Do let us know if that worked?
    Thanks

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have posted this is in the oscommerce forums and tried all the suggestions (as well as searching and trying similar problems) without success.

I thought this could be another avenue for assistance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_ View Post
    I have posted this is in the oscommerce forums and tried all the suggestions (as well as searching and trying similar problems) without success.

I thought this could be another avenue for assistance.
    No problem dude.
    good posts are always welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also don't know OsCommerce workings very well so I really don't know what the story is. I know OsCommerce forums can be kind of slow also

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for trying.

I've since concluded that this element of the payment module is not critical to solve as the site is about to be totally rebuilt shortly.